Subject: [nscp] BoF request denied

From: Jelte Jansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 11:33:13 -0700

Hi,

the IESG/IAB have discussed the BoF request, and have decided that a BoF is 'not
needed'. To quote the message I got:

 "The IAB/IESG solidly supports the development of a YANG model for DNS
  configuration and would like the work to begin immediately.
  <snip>
  After some discussion, we decided that the DNSOPS should develop the YANG
  module. This supports an precedent established with SNMP MIBS (each WG is
  responsible to develop its own MIBs/YANG modules)."

I am talking to the dnsop chairs about this, and we are trying to figure out
what to do now. It is at this point unclear whether this is a question of 'mgmt
systems MUST use YANG', and we are waiting for an answer on this.

If this work is accepted by dnsop (this time...), it does mean a recharter
there, and it means that discussion on nscp should happen on their list.

However, for now, I think we should keep discussing scope (and technology, if
anyone has any input on that), here. If we have to move later, I'll try to find
a way to make the transfer as painless as possible.

Jelte