Subject: [Nsis-imp] Error Code "MRI too Wild"

From: "Christian Dickmann" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 20:14:07 +0200

Hi Robert,

the current draft states:
"C.5.4.13  MRI Too Wild

   Class:              Permanent-Failure
   Code:               12
   Additional Info:    Object Value Info

   This error indicates that a message was received with an MRI that
   contained too much wildcarding (e.g. too short a destination address
   prefix) to be forwarded correctly down a single path)."

So what is the "Object Value Info"? The MRI? Does not sound reasonable,
as the MRI is already a standard entity of an error object. 

Best regards,

Christian Dickmann

_______________________________________________
NSIS-imp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis-imp

---

From: "Hancock, Robert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 23:36:14 +0100

hi christian,

it's a reasonable question. (chris asked exactly the same one.)

the reason for including the Object-Value-Info information 
(which does hold the MRI, although we could be more explicit
on that) is to allow the originator of the error to indicate
which part of the MRI it is objecting to (addresses, ports,
whatever). you can't do that with the MRI in the main body 
of the error object. so it is not the most efficient encoding,
but maybe that is not so much of an issue with errors.

i'm currently completely restructuring 4.3.4, and will make
sure that this discussion gets in somewhere.

thanks for reading!

robert h.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] 
> [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of 
> Christian Dickmann
> Sent: 02 September 2005 19:14
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Nsis-imp] Error Code "MRI too Wild"
> 
> 
> Hi Robert,
>