Subject: [Nsis-imp] NSIS for end users - It's reality

From: "Christian Dickmann" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 13:14:43 +0200

Hi,

the NSIS team of the University of Goettingen is proud to announce the
release of a new development version of our NSIS package, which offers a
lot of new features. We now support Traffic Control (tc) on Linux to
really reserve resources and allow the integration of NSIS/QoS into
applications by offering a QoS NSLP API. This development version also
comes with a lot of bugfixes and updates to new draft versions of GIST
and QoS NSLP. 

However, the most exciting new feature is the support for Windows XP and
OpenWRT[1]!

The Windows XP version is a demonstration prototype, which is able to
detect the UDP port used by Skype[2] and trigger the local QoS NSLP
daemon to request resources for phone calls.

In addition, we support OpenWRT, which is a Linux distribution for
embedded devices, i.e. broadband Wireless LAN / DSL routers. On a lot of
such routers, like the Linksys WRT54G (see the OpenWRT homepage[1] for a
list of supported hardware), OpenWRT can be installed as an alternative
firmware.

All new features combined, NSIS usage in SOHO networks becomes reality! 

The Windows machine triggers the request and the DSL router reserves the
resources by the use of the Traffic Control tool.

You can find the development versions for all platforms of the NSIS
package on our beta version page. The ChangeLog which lists all changes
is also available on that page. Please see the individual README files
on how to use the packages.

http://user.informatik.uni-goettingen.de/~nsis/beta.html

We encourage anyone to try this development version and appreciate
feedback of any kind, such as installation/setup experience, bug
reports, feature requests, etc.

Christian Dickmann

On behalf of University of Goettingen NSIS team

[1] OpenWRT: http://www.openwrt.org

[2] Skype: http://www.skype.com

_______________________________________________
NSIS-imp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis-imp

---

From: Martin Stiemerling <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 18:22:08 +0200

All NSIS-team@Goettingen,

Congrats for the good work!

   Martin

Am 28.09.2006 um 13:14 schrieb Christian Dickmann:

> Hi,
>
>
>
> the NSIS team of the University of Goettingen is proud to announce  
> the release of a new development version of our NSIS package, which  
> offers a lot of new features. We now support Traffic Control (tc)  
> on Linux to really reserve resources and allow the integration of  
> NSIS/QoS into applications by offering a QoS NSLP API. This  
> development version also comes with a lot of bugfixes and updates  
> to new draft versions of GIST and QoS NSLP.
>
>
>
> However, the most exciting new feature is the support for Windows  
> XP and OpenWRT[1]!
>
>
>
> The Windows XP version is a demonstration prototype, which is able  
> to detect the UDP port used by Skype[2] and trigger the local QoS  
> NSLP daemon to request resources for phone calls.
>
> embedded devices, i.e. broadband Wireless LAN / DSL routers. On a  
> lot of such routers, like the Linksys WRT54G (see the OpenWRT  
> homepage[1] for a list of supported hardware), OpenWRT can be  
> installed as an alternative firmware.
>
>
>
> The Windows machine triggers the request and the DSL router  
> reserves the resources by the use of the Traffic Control tool.
>
>
>
> package on our beta version page. The ChangeLog which lists all  
> changes is also available on that page. Please see the individual  
> README files on how to use the packages.
>
>
>
> Nsis_Imp mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://user.informatik.uni-goettingen.de/mailman/listinfo/nsis_imp