Subject: [Nsis-imp] [Fwd: [rfc-dist] BCP 9, RFC 5657 on Guidance on Interoperation and Implementation Reportsfor Advancement to Draft Standard]

From: Xiaoming Fu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 18:46:05 -0700

FYI

Subject: [rfc-dist] BCP 9,RFC 5657 on Guidance on Interoperation and Implementation Reportsfor Advancement to Draft Standard
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 17:18:46 -0700 (PDT)
List-Id: RFC Announcements <rfc-dist.rfc-editor.org>

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 9        
        RFC 5657

        Title:      Guidance on Interoperation and Implementation 
                    Reports for Advancement to Draft Standard 
        Author:     L. Dusseault, R. Sparks
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       September 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 29327
        Updates:    RFC2026
        See Also:   BCP0009

        I-D Tag:    draft-dusseault-impl-reports-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5657.txt

Advancing a protocol to Draft Standard requires documentation of the
interoperation and implementation of the protocol.  Historic reports
have varied widely in form and level of content and there is little
guidance available to new report preparers.  This document updates
the existing processes and provides more detail on what is
appropriate in an interoperability and implementation report.  
This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org