Subject: Re: [NSIS] Editor for Requirements Draft

From: Scott Bradner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 11:07:08 -0500 (EST)

> Hope I'm right and not just frothing at the mouth.

you are right but I don't know about the frothing part

Scott

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis

---

From: David Partain <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 17:55:19 +0100

Hi all,

On Wednesday 14 November 2001 17.07, Scott Bradner wrote:
> you are right

Excellent.  And, while we're on the subject, I've just
submitted two Internet Drafts that may be relevant to the
folks on this list.

1. QoS Signalling Requirements for Wireless Networks (will be
   called draft-karagiannis-nsis-wireless-requirements-00.txt).

   This memo outlines a set of requirements for signalling QoS
   needs in the wired part of IP-based wireless networks. These
   requirements are applicable to any IP-based wireless network
   that supports a large volume of real-time traffic.

2. Analysis of Existing QoS Solutions (have submitted it as
   draft-manyfolks-nsis-analysis-00.txt).

   This memo gives a brief analysis of existing IP quality
   of service (QoS) solutions and the implied signalling
   issues. This analysis is intended to point out open issues
   in QoS signalling.  Moreover, this analysis is done in order
   to understand whether the strict QoS requirements imposed
   by future fixed and mobile applications on networks are
   satisfied by the existing IP QoS solutions.

If you want to cheat and have a look at them now (before the I-D
people have gotten to them and heaved them into the repository),
you can find them at http://standards.ericsson.net/rmd/

Cheers,

David Partain