Subject: [NSIS] Comment on draft-bradner-nsis-bof-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 14:44:05 +0200

Hi Scott & Allison,

Here are my promised comments on your document.

The first comment is on the Abstract:

   The Transport Area Directors held a Next Steps in Signaling birds of
   a feather session during the 50th IETF meeting in Minneapolis,
   Minnesota.  The aim of the session was to garner an initial set of
   requirements for a next generation Internet signaling protocol.  This
   memo is a summary of the input we received during that session.

It might be useful to put a disclaimer in here (or in the body of
the draft).  The disclaimer should state that the requirements 
contained in the draft are simply input from the speakers.  There
is no intention to fufill all of the requirements, as that would
be attempting to 'boil the ocean.'

Section 2 - typo:

   - RSVP Core & children for DiffServe

-> should be DiffServ

I won't comment on Section 6,7 and 8 - as these are people's
opinions & I for one, do not want to put words in anyone's 
mouth.

The biggest comment I have on the document is after reading it,
I am left with a feeling of 'And?' - would it be useful to
put a section titled 'Next Steps in NSIS' or should this document
simply a record of what happened at the meeting.  Documenting
the meeting is useful in itself.  Perhaps, we (the NSIS mailing
list) should take all of the requirements contained in the 
document and discuss what is applicable and what is not for 
our requirements work.

Final questions - do either one of you wish to present this
at Salt Lake City?

best regards,
John

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis