Subject: [NSIS] Comments on draft-demeer-nsis-analysis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 15:19:08 +0200

Hello,

Some very general comments on
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-demeer-nsis-analysis-00.txt.

I think that the draft looks good, but I think that some seperation of QoS
solutions from QoS signaling would be more appropriate for NSIS.
Additionally, the conclusions section (Chapter 6) is somewhat weak. Perhaps
a table listing the different QoS solutions, different QoS signaling
mechanims and issues in a tabular form would be helpful.  

Additionally, you write:

    ... [snip] This
   analysis points out pending and open QoS signalling issues in the
   existing QoS solutions. Given these results, we believe that
   appropriate standardization should take place to create the necessary
   protocols for QoS signalling.

It would be helpful to have a concise summary of the issues you've pointed
out and what the next steps you think should be.

best regards,
John

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 12:50:44 +0200

Hi Georgios,

> Thank you for your comments!
> Please see my remarks in line:

Thanks - that all sounds good.

John

---

From: "Georgios Karagiannis (ELN)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 11:50:15 +0100

Hi John

>>I think that the draft looks good, 

Thank you very much!

>> but I think that some seperation of QoS

Agree we will modify it accordingly!

>> mechanims and issues in a tabular form would be helpful.  

Agree, we will modify it!

>> out and what the next steps you think should be.

Agree, we will modify it accordingly!

Best regards,
Georgios