Subject: RE: [NSIS] Framework & requirements part of the"Two kinds of requirements" thread

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 18:35:55 +0200

Hi all,

> If we try to throw every possible problem area into the NSIS
> work, this working group will still be talking when we're rolling
> out 8th generation mobile telephony :-)  

Hopefully, we are thinking of more than just mobile telephony ;)

Please note that we are looking to solve practical problems, while
ensure an open structure / framework for future extensibility.
The reason for the short timeline on the deliverables is to help us
focus on the task at hand.  I do not think we should through every
possible problem at NSIS.

John

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis

---

From: David Partain <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 10:03:04 +0100

Hi all,

I wrote:
dp> If we try to throw every possible problem area into the NSIS
dp> work, this working group will still be talking when we're rolling
dp> out 8th generation mobile telephony :-)

John Loughney responded:
jl> Hopefully, we are thinking of more than just mobile telephony ;)

Is there anything else?  :-)

jl> Please note that we are looking to solve practical problems, while
jl> ensure an open structure / framework for future extensibility.
jl> The reason for the short timeline on the deliverables is to help us
jl> focus on the task at hand.  I do not think we should through every
jl> possible problem at NSIS.

I wholeheartedly and emphatically support this approach.

Cheers,

dlp