Subject: [NSIS] Establishment of RSVP parameters for RSVP

From: "Shahrier, Sharif M." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 10:00:51 -0400

The determination of RSVP parameters to achieve the requested QoS is the
task of the QoS control devices. It is my impression that how these
parameters are derived are out of scope for NSIS? Is this true?

Also, can someone please explain where the entities QoS Controller and QoS
Initiator are located with respect to RSVP protocol. I.e. are they only at
the edge of the network, or are they to be present at every RSVP node along
the transmission path?

Sharif.

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis

---

From: Marcus Brunner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 11:56:27 +0200

> parameters are derived are out of scope for NSIS? Is this true?

yes, I see QoS paramters (service definitions out of scope for NSIS)

> the edge of the network, or are they to be present at every RSVP node
> along the transmission path?

we require that the placment of QoS controllers and Initiators MUST be 
possible where ever you want.

Marcus

> Sharif.

--------------------------------------
Dr. Marcus Brunner
Network Laboratories
NEC Europe Ltd.

E-Mail: [email-masked]
WWW:    http://www.ccrle.nec.de/
personal home page: http://www.brubers.org/marcus