Subject: [NSIS] I-D ACTION:draft-venkata-ospf-te-only-option-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 07:00:42 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Next Steps in Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: OSPF TE Only Option
	Author(s)	: V. Naidu
	Filename	: draft-venkata-ospf-te-only-option-00.txt
	Pages		: 4
	Date		: 04-Apr-02
	
OSPF is a link state routing protocol used for IP-network 
topology discovery using different types of Link State 
Advertisements. The resulting Link State Database (LSDB) is
used to compute IP address forwarding table based on 
shortest-path criteria. OSPF has been extended to support Traffic 
Engineering, QoS in packet and non-packet networks. These has
been a serious concern regarding scalability and convergence of
information in large networks. 
This memo documents an optional OSPF capability to support TE only 
functionality. This OSPF TE Only option is to support existing and 
future Traffic Engineering extensions for packet and/or non-packet
networks with out exchanging any hop-by-hop routing information. 
This is accomplished by exchanging T-bit option in OSPF Hello 
packets. This gives flexibility of supporting larger TE areas,
increased scalability and improved convergence.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-venkata-ospf-te-only-option-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-venkata-ospf-te-only-option-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-venkata-ospf-te-only-option-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.