Subject: [NSIS] Draft Update: "CASP / CASP-QoS / CASP NAT+Firewall"

From: Tschofenig Hannes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 17:28:26 +0100

Hi all, 

we have updated the "CASP - Cross-Application Signaling Protocol", the "A
Quality-of-Service Resource Allocation Client for CASP" and the "A
Firewall/NAT Traversal Client for CASP" drafts: 

CASP - Cross-Application Signaling Protocol
-------------------------------------------  

Abstract 

CASP is a modular potocol for establishing network control state along a
data path between two nodes communicating on the Internet.

The signalling problem addressed by CASP is the same as the overall
problem being addressed by the NSIS activities.

The CASP framework is defined as a modular protocol, which includes a
general purpose messaging layer (M-layer), which supports a number of
client layers for particular signalling applications (e.g. QoS, MIDCOM).
In addition there is distinct, special purpose client component for
next-peer discovery.

http://www.tschofenig.priv.at/drafts/draft-schulzrinne-nsis-casp-01.pdf
http://www.tschofenig.priv.at/drafts/draft-schulzrinne-nsis-casp-01.ps
http://www.tschofenig.priv.at/drafts/draft-schulzrinne-nsis-casp-01.txt

Changes: 

- More detailed (e.g. packet formats, security section)
- Draft shortened 
- Terminology revised
- Some text added to open issues list

A Quality-of-Service Resource Allocation Client for CASP
--------------------------------------------------------

Abstract 

Signaling resource reservations is one of the possible applications of
the Cross-Application Signaling Protocol (CASP). This document describes
a client protocol that supports per-flow resource reservation in both 
sender- and receiver-directed modes operation.
    
URL:

http://www.tschofenig.priv.at/drafts/draft-schulzrinne-nsis-casp-qos-01.pdf
http://www.tschofenig.priv.at/drafts/draft-schulzrinne-nsis-casp-qos-01.ps
http://www.tschofenig.priv.at/drafts/draft-schulzrinne-nsis-casp-qos-01.txt

Changes: 

- Update to the first version
- More mobility issues
- Some text has been moved to the open issues section

A Firewall/NAT Traversal Client for CASP
----------------------------------------

Abstract 

This document describes a CASP client protocol that allows nodes to
signal information to firewalls both in an in-path and off-path fashion.
The protocol furthermore allows to establish a NAT binding and to
provide the signaling initiator with the NAT information. This is
information can then be used within other protocols such as SIP.

URL:

http://www.tschofenig.priv.at/drafts/draft-tschofenig-nsis-casp-midcom-01.pdf
http://www.tschofenig.priv.at/drafts/draft-tschofenig-nsis-casp-midcom-01.ps
http://www.tschofenig.priv.at/drafts/draft-tschofenig-nsis-casp-midcom-01.txt

Changes: 

- Additional author: Cedric Aoun
- Sections revised and cleaned up
- Terminology re-written
- Some issues added, some replaced by references to other documents
- More generic than the first version

Best Regards,
Hannes Tschofenig
_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis