Subject: [NSIS] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-nsis-qos-nslp-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 10:01:50 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Next Steps in Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: NSLP for Quality-of-Service signaling
	Author(s)	: S. Van den Bosch
	Filename	: draft-ietf-nsis-qos-nslp-02.txt
	Pages		: 68
	Date		: 2004-2-18
	
This draft describes an NSIS Signaling Layer Protocol (NSLP) for 
signaling QoS reservations in the Internet. It is in accordance with 
the framework and requirements developed in NSIS. 
Together with the NTLP, it provides functionality similar to RSVP and 
extends it. The QoS-NSLP is independent of the underlying QoS 
specification or architecture and provides support for different 
reservation models. It is simplified by the elimination of support 
for multicast flows. 
This version of the draft focuses on the basic protocol structure. It 
identifies the different message types and describes the basic 
operation of the protocol to create, refresh, modify and teardown a 
reservation or to obtain information on the characteristics of the 
associated data path.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-qos-nslp-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-nsis-qos-nslp-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-qos-nslp-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.