Subject: [NSIS] GIMPS etc. planning (was: RE: Plans for the protocol drafts)

From: "Hancock, Robert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 15:06:00 +0100

hi john, all,

For info, we (me & Henning) made some rough plans in Seoul 
about what would be good targets for the next stage or two on
GIMPS. People could comment on the following list (or even
contribute!)

*) a review to look for nice-to-have functionality to remove.
*) set up common guidelines on message formats (with the NSLP
people).
*) define some sort of (abstracted) API between NSLPs and
GIMPS (not technically part of the standard but necessary to
clarify some of our thinking).
*) clarify what bits of NAT handling functionality go where
(in conjunction with the NATFW NSLP people), and whether the
NATFW NSLP has any special requirements on GIMPS.
*) start work on some of the error conditions (reboot handling,
last-node problem and so on).

So far as mechanisms for progress are concerned, I can 
certainly see the value in something like an interim, if 
enough people want to come (I'm less of a fan of wide-open
conference calls until we have really precisely defined
issues to be finalised, but that may just be a personal 
issue). 

Siemens would be happy to host such a meeting in Europe,
probably the UK. May is a nice month here, at least 
sometimes. In the meantime, any input on the current draft 
would of course be appreciated...

Yours,

Robert H.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 08:21
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [NSIS] Plans for the protocol drafts
> 
> 
> Hi all,
> 
> I would like to get some feedback from the WG about the next 
> steps for the 3 protocol drafts.  I would like to progress 
> the drafts - it would be reasonable to request the authors 
> release an updated version of the drafts sometime in May.  
> Would it be helpful to arrange some conference calls around 
> this, or even an interim meeting before San Diego?
> 
> thanks,
> John
> 
> _______________________________________________
> nsis mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis
> 

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis