Subject: Re: [NSIS] QoS NSLP open issue on error cases with QSPEC stacking

From: Xiaoming Fu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 15:45:54 +0100

Hi,

Hancock, Robert wrote:
> hi,
> [just to reassure you: if a message arrived in C-mode you 
> can always send back a message along the same association;
Just from a programmer's view:

In TCP, connections are duplex but conceptually "uni-directional" 
between a server and a client: once a connection is set up, data can be 
sent by the server back toward the client, but the control is in the 
client side (i.e., these data are sent when the server passively 
acquires a request from the client). Of course with some tricks in 
programming, a true uni-directionality can be made possible, but at cost 
of possibly more complex socket operation. As a tradeoff, another 
connection - we just need one connection in maximum per direction 
between a GIMPS-peer pair - in the reverse direction could be an viable 
option.

> D-mode messages always include the Node-Addressing of the 
> peer that sent it, so you can respond direct to that.]
If the data does not concern with any other nodes in between these two 
D-mode peers (e.g., just to acknowledge the previous D- sender), this 
can work. However, if in the reverse way changing something in the 
middle is desired, we have to rely on PHOP info as in RSVP.

Cheers,
Xiaoming

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis