Subject: [NSIS] Qos NSLP questions and comments

From: "Christian Dickmann" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 12:55:05 +0200

Hi WG,

I have some questions and comments on the QoS NSLP draft 07.

- "Sender-receiver initiation" (title of 3.2.2)
  This section title is not well chosen. I really did not know what you
meant
  when reading the document for the first time.

- "Before sending the RESERVE, the sender of the data first
   sends a QUERY message that creates the required GIMPS path state."
(3.2.2)
  It is not clear, that you only send a QUERY in the receiver initiated
case.
  To my mind, you should create 2 paragraphs for the two cases.

- "If a message contains an object of an unrecognised type, then the
   behaviour depends on the object type value. The usual operation is to
   skip unknown objects. See the GIMPS specification for more
   information." (5.2.3)
  If I do not know the type, how should I depend on the type to determine
what to do?
  The Object Header in QoS lacks the A and B flags that GIST uses, so I do
not see
  what you mean here.

- "Any node may include a request for a RESPONSE in its RESERVE
   messages.  It does so by including a Request Identification
   Information (RII) object in the RESERVE message." (4.1)
  As I understand the message format, only one RII is allowed per RESERVE
message, right?
  This text makes me wonder if I am correct.

- 5.1.2.1 has different RESERVE format than 5.4.1

Christian Dickmann

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis