Subject: [NSIS] New version of the QoS NSLP state machine draft

From: "Tseno Tsenov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 00:47:39 +0200

Hi all,

We have updated the QoS NSLP state machine draft. You can find the new
version at:
http://www.tschofenig.priv.at/drafts/draft-fu-nsis-qos-nslp-statemachine-02.txt
http://www.tschofenig.priv.at/drafts/draft-fu-nsis-qos-nslp-statemachine-02.pdf

The state machine is based on QoS NSLP draft v-07. We have compiled a .pdf
version of the draft that includes the state machine's diagrams. This should
improve the readability of the document.

Open issues:
Some of the open issues listed in the draft were already pointed in the
mailing list, i.e.:
1. Section 5.4.3./the last paragraph/ of QoS NSLP draft states:
" On receipt of a RESPONSE message containing an RSN object, the QNE
MUST compare the RSN to that of the appropriate signaling session.
If the match succeeds then the ERROR_SPEC MUST be processed.  The
RESPONSE message MUST NOT be forwarded further along the path whether
or not the match succeeds. "
This statement makes it unclear how to signal to the QNI an unsuccessful
reservation with RESERVE message that does not include RII object and
therefore the RESPONSE message should include only RSN.

2. Section 5.4.1 of QoS NSLP draft states:
"  RESERVE messages MUST only be sent towards the QNR "
We think that the text in Section 3.2.10 "Rerouting" implies that  RESERVE
message might be sent in both directions. Refinement or clarifications of
this section should be helpful.

Any comments are more than welcome.

Greetings,
Tseno

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis