Subject: [NSIS] How to request a RESERVE with full QSPEC?

From: "Markus Ott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 11:13:59 -0500

Hi all,

I've got one more question relating to the internet draft of QoS NSLP:

it relates to the part 

"5.4.1.  RESERVE Messages".

-------------
.......
When a QNE receives a RESERVE message with an unknown SESSION_ID, it
   MAY send a NOTIFY message to its upstream peer, indicating the
   unknown SESSION_ID. If the message was meant as a refresh, the reply
   indicates a downstream route change to the upstream peer.  The
   upstream peer SHOULD send a complete RESERVE on the new path (new
   SII).  It identifies the old signalling association (old SII) and MAY
   start sending complete RESERVE messages for other SESSION_IDs linked
   to this association.
-------------
The questions to this paragraph were already sent by Roland Bless.
Just one more issue:
In the sentence "If the message was meant as a refresh, the reply
   indicates a downstream route change to the upstream peer.": how 
   is the indication of a route change done? Is it done with help 
   of INFO_SPEC? If so then in the list with error values of all error 
   classes there is no appropriate error value to signal this 
   information. The only one (not very suitable for this) is the 
   protocol error with code 0x04: "Mandatory object missing: an 
   object required in a message of this type was missing." But I 
   think we need in this case a special code to notify this. Or what 
   a node must state in this case? Empty message - because the detection of 
   route change is done with help of SII handle?
   Or is this done in another way? Which one?
   
Regards,

Markus Ott.

-- 
___________________________________________________
Play 100s of games for FREE! http://games.mail.com/

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis