Subject: [NSIS] scalability problem by trigger messages

From: Muhammad Ali Malik <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 13:54:40 +1100 (EST)

Hi,

There are lot of extension of RSVP and other signaling protocol to reduce
the frequency of refresh messages, but is it also necessary to reduce the
frequency of TRIGGER messages ? The trigger messages are those which have
reuested for new or update reservation, while refresh messages are those
which do not change the reservation.

Do the trigger messages impose processing and signaling overheads on 
routers
and links. Can anybody state the situation where there is scalability
problem by the trigger messages. Any document discussing the problem by
tigger messages are much appreciate. How can we reduce the frequency by
trigger messages, any thought.

Regards,
=Malik

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis