Subject: [NSIS] Fwd: [Tsvwg] new version load control draft submitted to tsvwg

From: "Georgios Karagiannis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 08:32:12 +0100 (MET)

To be informed!

Best regards,
Georgios

--- Original Message ---
Date: 12/4/2005
From: "Georgios Karagiannis" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Tsvwg] new version load control draft submitted to tsvwg

Hi all

Please note that we submitted a new version of the load control draft to
the tsvwg working group, see:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-westberg-loadcntr-04.txt

The Load Control draft addresses the following issues:

     1. Admission control for real time data flows in stateless domains

     2. Dropping of flows in case of exceptional events, such as
        severe congestion after re-routing
Please note that the last version of this draft was submitted in April
2000.
The functionality concepts described in this version are not different
than
the ones described in the previous version.

Recently new drafts have been submitted aiming to standardize new
Diffserv PHB and define an architecture providing controlled load
services in
Diffserv domains [CL-Diffs, CL-PHB]. These proposals are very similar to
the two-bit marking scheme of Load Control. The major differences
are that in the admission control is based on the marking of the data
packets, i.e. without sending probe packets, and different methods of
marking of the ECN field.

During the tsvwg meeting of Vancouver, the tsvwg working group requested
from us and the authors of the [CL-Diffs, CL-PHB, RSVP-ECN] to cooperate
and converge. Therefore, the main goal of this draft is to provide, in
addition to the [CL-Diffs, CL-PHB, RSVP-ECN],  a starting point on the
cooperation between the authors of [CL-Diffs, CL-PHB, RSVP-ECN] and the
authors of the load control draft.
Note that the references [CL-Diffs, CL-PHB, RSVP-ECN] are:

[CL-Diffs]  Briscoe, B. et al. "A Framework for Admission Control over
   DiffServ using Pre-Congestion Notification", draft-briscoe-tsvwg-cl-
   architecture-01.txt, Work in progress, Oct 2005,;

[CL-PHB]  Briscoe, B. et al. "The Controlled Load per hop behaviour"
   draft-briscoe-tsvwg-cl-phb-00.txt, Work in progress, July 2005

[RSVP-ECN] Le Faucheur, F., et al. "RSVP Extensions for CL-ECN",
   draft-lefaucheur-rsvp-ecn-00.txt, Work in progress, Oct 2005

Best Regards,
Georgios

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis