Subject: RE: [NSIS] ns-2 implementation of nsis QoS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 08:19:34 +0200

Hi Muhammad,

>Is there any ns-2 implementation of nsis QoS. 

Not that I am aware of.

> I am interested 
>in impelmenting NSIS QoS in ns2, please advise me which 
>document should i need to follow.

The QoS document is here:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-qos-nslp-08.txt

I think you could make some shortcuts for the transport, but if you
wanted to be thorough, then you might also want to implement GIST as
a separate module:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-ntlp-08.txt

Then, for more advanced features, implementing the basic QoS template
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-rmd-04.txt
would then give people the ability to try different QoS models.

thanks,
John

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis

---

From: Roland Bless <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 23:26:40 +0100

Hi John, Hi Muhammad,

> would then give people the ability to try different QoS models.

Our team at the University of Karlsruhe (Thomas Herzog, Markus Ott,
Matthias Friedrich) has nearly completed a full-featured implementation
of GIST, QoS-NSLP (both draft-08 versions) and QSPEC. We are planning to
release the source code under GPL in January. Our implementation is
multi-threaded and written in C++ (runs under Linux in user-space).
Thus, it may serve as basis for an ns-2 implementation (if one tries
to adapt/integrate the thread-based part).
First internal interop tests with the University of
Goettingen implementation were quite successful (thanks go to the team
there). Currently, further tests are performed, but the code is quite
complete now.

Best regards,
 Roland