Subject: [NSIS] Suggestions on Multi-homing Security section (Mobility Applicability Draft)

From: "Shivanajay Marwaha" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 17:42:49 +0800

Dear Sung-Hyuck, Seong-Ho, Mobility Applicabilty Draft Authors & other
NSIS WG members, 
 
Two comments on "Multi-homing Security (section 6.1.4.1)" section of the
mobility applicability draft.
 
----------------------------------------------- 
Comment 1 - Section 6.1.4.1, Second Para: Clarify flow ID.

Current text -  "Furthermore, it is an open issue whether reservation
merging is allowed only for cases where one flow identifier is used at
different interfaces or even with different flow identifiers."
 
Discussion -  When multiple interfaces are used, unless the same CoA is
allocated to them, the flow identifier should always be different. It
seems that the above discussion is regarding Session Identifier instead
of flow identifier. 
 
Suggestion - Kindly provide some elaboration/description for the above
issue.
-----------------------------------------------
 
Comment 2: Section 6.1.4.1, Third para: Clarify what is the problem
 
Current text -  "If the CN is the authorizing entity then, again, some
message needs to be sent from the CN to the MN to trigger the exchange
or to route the request backwards along the established path.  The MN is
reachable via the two paths."
 
Discussion -  It is not clear what is the problem faced by NSIS. The
above text sounds like some operation descriptions instead of problem
definition. 
 
Suggestion  - Some more elaboration/description of the problem for this
scenario would be helpful. 
----------------------------------------------- 
 
Regards,
Shivanajay Marwaha
(On Behalf of Takako Sanda, Toyoki Ue and Cheng Hong)
_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis