Subject: [NSIS] Suggestions on Route Optimisation (Mobility Applicability Draft)

From: "Shivanajay Marwaha" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 17:36:59 +0800

Dear Sung-Hyuck, Seong-Ho, Mobility Applicabilty Draft Authors and other
NSIS WG members, 
 
Here are some suggestions on - "Route Optimisation (section 5.2.1)"
sections of the mobility applicability draft. 
 
---------------------------
Comment 1  -  Section 5.2.1, Second Para:" Route Optimisation issue
discussed is not Multihoming specific
 
Current Text  -  "When a route optimization is used, a direct connection
is established between an MN and a CN, in which case another reservation
needs to be made while releasing the existing reservation engaged in the
HA.  In order to avoid this situation, the NSIS signaling for resource
reservation needs to be performed only after finishing the route
optimization, which is the way assumed in the following scenarios. On
the other hand, without route
optimization the resource reservation could be performed immediately
after establishing the reverse tunnel." 
 
Suggestion -  This section is regarding multihoming however the RO
problem described above is a general MIP issue and is not specific to
multihoming. Therefore it should be moved to the appropriate section. So
our suggestion is to remove the above paragraph from section 5.2.1. 
 
-----------------------------
Comment 2: Sect. 5.2.1, Second Para: Clarifications/elaboration: 
 
Current text  - " In order to avoid this situation, the NSIS signaling
for resource   reservation needs to be performed only after finishing
the route   optimization, which is the way assumed in the following
scenarios. "
 
Discussions -  In the above text, it suggests that the reservation be
performed "only" after Route Optimisatio (RO). Does this mean that after
RO, resource reservation is only carried out over RO path? In this case,
how would the MN know that RO could be accomplished?
 
Suggestion - Provide some clarification regarding the issue above. 
---------------------------------
 
Regards,
Shivanajay Marwaha
(On Behalf of Takako Sanda, Toyoki Ue and Cheng Hong)

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis

---

From: Sung-Hyuck Lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 15:13:53 +0900

Hi Shivanajay,
 
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Shivanajay Marwaha" <[email-masked]>

> sections of the mobility applicability draft. 
[SHL] This paragraph can be removed if you feel it is redundant.

[SHL] It is not difficult for an MN with NSIS protocols to monitor 
RO process (e.g., binding update). Use of some "primitives" between 
Mobile IP and NSIS protocols enables GIST or NSLP to detect the 
completeness of RO process. However, this issue seems to be the 
implementation-related issue like NSIS folks' feedbacks.

Regards,
 
Sung-Hyuck