Subject: [NSIS] CFP: IEEE Int'l Workshop on QoS (IWQoS 2006)

From: "Georgios Karagiannis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 13:42:57 +0100

Dear colleague:

We would like to bring to your attention the upcoming deadlines
of IWQoS 2006.

Our sincere apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message.

Paper registration and submission deadlines are 2/20 and 2/27/2006.

-- IWQoS organizing committee

----------------------------------
                    CALL FOR PAPERS
     Fourteenth IEEE International Workshop on Quality of Service
                            (IWQoS 2006)

                           June 19-21, 2006
                Yale University, New Haven, CT, USA

OVERVIEW

Since 1994, IWQoS has evolved into a premier workshop providing an
international forum for the presentation and discussion of cutting edge
research on quality of service (QoS). Building on the successes of previous
workshops, the objective of IWQoS 2006 is to bring together researchers,
developers, and practitioners working in the area to discuss timely research
results, and to identify future directions and challenges in developing
practical computer/networking systems where predictable, controlled, and 
robust
performance is a central requirement. The workshop's scope will broadly 
cover
all the important aspects of QoS research: in networking (wireline, 
wireless,
and sensor networks), distributed systems, operating systems, servers, and
middleware (such as grid computing and peer-to-peer systems), where relevant
technical issues include availability, reliability, security, pricing,
incentive, resource management, and performance guarantees.

Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):

           o QoS in grid, peer-to-peer, overlay, and wireless mesh networks
           o QoS in large-scale distributed systems
           o System dependability, availability, resilience, and robustness
           o Security as a QoS parameter
           o Rationality, incentive, microeconomics, and self-interest in
             decentralized networks
           o QoS in wireless, mobile, ad hoc, and sensor networks
           o QoS specification, translation, and adaptation
           o Measurement-based QoS estimation and verification
           o QoS in intranets and VoIP systems

We also solicit papers in the following areas:

           o QoS architectures and protocols
           o QoS analysis and modeling
           o Resource management and admission control
           o QoS routing
           o QoS pricing and billing
           o Evaluation metrics and methodologies for QoS
           o Content delivery networks with service/performance guarantees
           o QoS in web systems and storage systems
           o Programmability and language features supporting QoS
           o QoS in multimedia systems
           o Service Level Agreements and QoS
           o Server-side QoS and its roles in end-to-end QoS provisioning
           o QoS-aware middleware frameworks and services
           o Integrated and differentiated services in wide-area networks

The workshop is a single track forum of two and a half days. It is
cross-disciplinary and well focused, with an emphasis on innovation. As a
result, a considerable amount of the meeting time will be devoted to 
informal
discussions. The workshop values both theoretical and practical research
contributions.

BEST STUDENT PAPER AWARD

Award will be given at the conference to the best student paper, whose first
author is a current student.

IMPORTANT DATES

Paper abstract deadline: February 20, 2006
Paper submission deadline: February 27, 2006
Notification of acceptance: March 31, 2006
Camera-ready papers due: April 20, 2006
Workshop dates: June 19-21, 2006

ORGANIZINIG COMMITTEE

TPC co-chairs
       Yang Richard Yang, Yale University ([email-masked])
       David K Y Yau, Purdue University ([email-masked])

Publicity chair
       Jelena Mirkovic, Univ of Delaware ([email-masked])

Steering Committee
       Nina Bhatti, Hewlett Packard Laboratories, USA
       Hermann De Meer, University of Passau, Germany
       Kevin Jeffay, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, USA
       Baochun Li, University of Toronto, Canada
       Ion Stoica, University of California, Berkeley, USA
       Zhi-Li Zhang, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, USA

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION

Please visit http://www-net.cs.yale.edu/iwqos06
_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis