Subject: [NSIS] I-D ACTION:draft-manner-nsis-nslp-auth-00.txt (fwd)

From: Jukka MJ Manner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 23:37:47 +0200 (EET)

Hi all,

We submitted the following I-D about how to provide authorization
information within NSLPs. The work is based on RFC3520, and adapted for
use in NSIS. Any feedback, e.g., on whether people feel, as the three of
us do, that this would be good to have are always welcome.

There are some <TBD> sections that we intend to fix once I-Ds can again be 
submitted after the Dallas meeting.

Regards,
Jukka

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 15:50:01 -0500
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-manner-nsis-nslp-auth-00.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Authorization for NSIS Signaling Layer Protocols
	Author(s)	: J. Manner, et al.
	Filename	: draft-manner-nsis-nslp-auth-00.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 2006-3-1
	
Signaling layer protocols in the NSIS working group may rely on GIST
to handle authorization. Still, in certain cases, the signaling layer
protocol may require separate authorization to be performed when a
node receives a request for a certain kind of service or resources.
This draft presents a generic model and object formats for session
authorization within the NSIS Signaling Layer Protocols. The goal of
session authorization is to allow the exchange of information between
network elements in order to authorize the use of resources for a
service and to coordinate actions between the signaling and
transport planes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-manner-nsis-nslp-auth-00.txt

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis