Subject: [NSIS] FW: [Tsvwg] A Bar BOF on CL and RMD Directions - Tomorrow (Weds) 15:10

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 00:38:56 +0200

For those of you in Dallas, you might be interested to head to the bar
for this bar bof. This is overlapping with some of our NSIS QoS work, so
it would be great for interested parties to participate.

John

=====

All,

For a couple of TSVWG meetings, we've had two documents on the on the
agenda:
   draft-briscoe-tsvwg-cl-architecture
   draft-briscoe-tsvwg-cl-phb
These have raised little discussion of their content, but there has been
discussion of the place of the work in the working group and the
relation to work taking place in the NSIS working group under the name
RMD (resource management in diffserv):
   draft-ietf-nsis-rmd-06.txt
The authors of that work also published a document with an NSIS basis
for this discussion that is very very new to the
list:
  draft-karagiannis-ru-pdb-01.txt

We've decided (Old and New Chairs) to offer an opportunity for an Ad Hoc
BoF (sort of like a Bar Bof from RFC 3160, but lacking in drinks) to let
folks get at some of the cross-cutting questions about how this work
fits together and help TSVWGers with later thinking.

This will be only one hour, very informal and it belongs to the Bar
BoFers.  It's a Bar BoF - not Our BoF (IETF).  There are no commitments
about its outcome, not results for the documents.
The only IETF formality for these things is that the Note Well applies
to the discussion.

The agenda will be described by the discussants.  James (formerly known
as the "Experiment") will be the TimeKeeper.

I will suggest that this avoid tutorials and try for up-leveling as much
as possible.  This will give more likelihood of group discussion and
illumination.

*** Time: Wednesday (tomorrow), Afternoon II, 15:10-16:10

*** Place:  Coronado BCD

Allison (TSVWG Chair Emerita) and James, for your TSVWG Chairs

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg	

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 00:59:47 -0000

Here's the draft agenda for the Bar BOF. As Allison suggests, we hope for feedback & discussion, rather than 

________________________________

From: Allison Mankin [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tue 21/03/2006 22:27
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Tsvwg] A Bar BOF on CL and RMD Directions - Tomorrow (Weds) 15:10

All,

For a couple of TSVWG meetings, we've had two documents on the
on the agenda:
   draft-briscoe-tsvwg-cl-architecture
   draft-briscoe-tsvwg-cl-phb
These have raised little discussion of their content, but
there has been discussion of the place of the work in the
working group and the relation to work taking place in the
NSIS working group under the name RMD (resource management
in diffserv):
   draft-ietf-nsis-rmd-06.txt
The authors of that work also published a document with an
NSIS basis for this discussion that is very very new to the
list:
  draft-karagiannis-ru-pdb-01.txt

We've decided (Old and New Chairs) to offer an opportunity for an
Ad Hoc BoF (sort of like a Bar Bof from RFC 3160, but lacking in drinks)
to let folks get at some of the cross-cutting questions about how this
work fits together and help TSVWGers with later thinking.

This will be only one hour, very informal and it belongs to the
Bar BoFers.  It's a Bar BoF - not Our BoF (IETF).  There are no
commitments about its outcome, not results for the documents.
The only IETF formality for these things is that the Note Well
applies to the discussion.

The agenda will be described by the discussants.  James (formerly
known as the "Experiment") will be the TimeKeeper.

I will suggest that this avoid tutorials and try for up-leveling
as much as possible.  This will give more likelihood of group
discussion and illumination.

*** Place:  Coronado BCD