Subject: [NSIS] A new draft about the NSIS QOS Model for Inter-domain Signaling

From: Jian Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 14:47:56 +0000 (WET)

Dear all,

A new draft about the NSIS QOS Model for Inter-domain Signaling has been 
submitted to the NSIS WG, which can be found at 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhang-nsis-interdomain-qosm-00.txt.

Now the 01 version of this draft is attached in this email. Any comments
are welcome.

Regards,

Jian Zhang

Univ. of Coimbra.

Abstract

    This document describes a NSIS QoS Model for inter-domain signaling
    (InterDomain-QOSM) between adjacent domains to enable end-to-end QoS
    provisioning over heterogeneous network domains. Specifically, it
    assumes a distinct separation between the intra-domain control plane
    and the inter-domain control plane at each administrative domain and
    is intended to implement a common inter-domain interface that allows
    the QoS negotiation and setup of inter-domain traffic streams while
    hiding the heterogeneity of intra-domain control mechanisms in use in
    a chain of heterogeneous network domains. The InterDomain-QoSM
    in this document first describes its operation mode and then the
    additional QSPEC parameters for fulfilling the common inter-domain
    interface are specified, followed by the illustrations of how the
    InterDomain-QOSM interacts with some typical intra-domain QoS models
    to achieve the end-to-end QoS provisioning over heterogeneous domains
    in a standardized and dynamic way.

----------------------------------------------

Dear all,

A new draft about the NSIS QOS Model for Inter-domain Signaling has been 
submitted to the NSIS WG, which can be found at 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhang-nsis-interdomain-qosm-00.txt.

Now the 01 version of this draft is attached in this email. Any comments
are welcome.

Regards,

Jian Zhang

Univ. of Coimbra.

Abstract

    This document describes a NSIS QoS Model for inter-domain signaling
    (InterDomain-QOSM) between adjacent domains to enable end-to-end QoS
    provisioning over heterogeneous network domains. Specifically, it
    assumes a distinct separation between the intra-domain control plane
    and the inter-domain control plane at each administrative domain and
    is intended to implement a common inter-domain interface that allows
    the QoS negotiation and setup of inter-domain traffic streams while
    hiding the heterogeneity of intra-domain control mechanisms in use in
    a chain of heterogeneous network domains. The InterDomain-QoSM
    in this document first describes its operation mode and then the
    additional QSPEC parameters for fulfilling the common inter-domain
    interface are specified, followed by the illustrations of how the
    InterDomain-QOSM interacts with some typical intra-domain QoS models
    to achieve the end-to-end QoS provisioning over heterogeneous domains
    in a standardized and dynamic way.

----------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis