Subject: [NSIS] Some further comments on the QoS-NSLP draft

From: "Robert Hancock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 22:59:58 -0600

Hi all,

I have some further slightly post-WGLC comments on the QoS-NSLP draft. 95%
of them are about editorial/clarification/structure issues, which I'll pass
on directly to the authors. Listed below are the points which may have more
generally interesting technical content.

Cheers,

robert h.

Section 3.2.6: I believe that all the protocol machinery for local receiver
initiated reservations is in fact already available for scenarios
(topologies) where it is possible in the first place: just send a RESERVE in
the upstream direction and rely on GIST using the (optional) upstream
GIST-Query encapsulation to route it. In general it would be good to reduce
the use of upstream/downstream terminology in the draft (except where it
really matters) and refer more to the initiator/responder distinction.

Section 4.3 foot of p23: I believe this has been discussed before, but the
maintenance of reverse path state is not a QoS-NSLP responsibility, it is a
GIST responsibility. This doesn't stop the QoS-NSLP generating QUERY
messages, but GIST will manage its own routing state refresh timer
autonomously from them.

Section 4.7 end: in the receiver initiated case, how is the propagation of
the end-to-end reserve made dependent on the success of the interior
reserve? (The interior reserve goes back to the egress but the end-to-end
reserve is waiting at the ingress before proceeding.)

Section 5.1.3.4: I think here (and elsewhere) it would helpful to be more
explicit about the 'direction' of the binding dependencies. For example, for
dependency 0x04, does it mean that the session dies if the bound session
dies, or vice versa?

Section 7.1 figure 19: the adjacency check, SII handle, IP-Distance and GHC
will all be set to non-trivial values (by a proper GIST implementation).

Section 7.6: The MessageDeliveryError is actually signalled by the
MessageStatus api primitive.

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis