Subject: [NSIS] Receiver Initiated Reservations on QoS NSLP

From: David Palma <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 22:04:03 +0000

Hi all,

I have a doubt on the QoS NSLP draft. On the receiver initiated
reservations it seems that the QUERY message should go downstream,
RESERVE upstream and finally a downstream RESPONSE.

>From my point of view it would make sense to initiate the process with
an upstream QUERY (since GIST supports upstream associations) followed
by a downstream RESERVE and upstream RESPONSE. This approach would allow
to have clearer state machine for RESERVE and RESPONSE messages since
they would be processed as any sender initiated reservation. Besides
this the downstream path would always be the same as the data flow path
and this could be helpful on  scenarios with different upstream and
downstream bandwidth.

Does this idea make sense?

Thank you for your time,

Best Regards,
David Palma

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis