Subject: [NSIS] New Draft about Inter-Domain Reservation Aggregation for QoS NSLP

From: Roland Bless <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 22:20:04 +0200

Hi all,

as already mentioned at the Dallas meeting, we wanted to work on
inter-domain issues (as it was mentioned in early NSIS charters).
Maybe this is a topic that the WG can deal with after we
got the basic protocol drafts off the table.

Though the following draft was submitted before the meeting deadline,
it may take a while until it is available in the I-D repository.
Thus probably some of you who are interested in the topic
may have a chance to read it earlier when downloading it from here
in the meantime:
http://doc.tm.uka.de/2006/draft-bless-nsis-resv-aggr-00.txt

The draft should serve as base for discussion and aims at
describing the basic problems as well as a straw-man proposal
for solutions. If time permits, I also want to present/discuss it in
San Diego.

Abstract

   QoS NSLP is a recently proposed signaling protocol that allows to
   establish QoS reservations in the Internet.  In order to enable large
   scale deployment, inter-domain aggregation should be considered as
   mechanism to allow for the necessary scalability.  This draft
   describes the major problems that must be solved and proposes also
   solutions to these problems, requiring only modest modifications and
   extensions to the currently defined GIST and QoS NSLP specifications.

Regards,
 Roland

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis