Subject: [NSIS] QSPEC-issue (GK-1)

From: "Georgios Karagiannis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 12:49:08 +0200

Description of issue
Change <Excess treatment> to QSPEC-2 parameter

Submitter name: Georgios Karagiannis
Submitter email address: [email-masked] Date first submitted:
11.10.2006
Reference:  
Comment type: T
Priority: 'S'
Section: Various
Rationale/Explanation of issue:

This issue is additional to the issue JM-3 submitted by Jukka.  
It is not realistic to assume that the "Excess treatment" parameter 
can dictate to all QNEs how to handle the excess traffic.
For example, in situations of severe congestion the network 
operator must be able to ignore the parameter and apply a solution
that efficiently solves the severe congestion.
Diffserv aware QNEs usually have to support a Per Hop Behaviour (PHB). 
A PHB specification defines already how the excess traffic should 
be handled. Therefore, a QNI cannot dicate how a Diffserv aware QNE 
must handle the excess traffic.

Requested change:
The <Excess Treatment> parameter must be a QSPEC-2 parameter.

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis