Subject: [NSIS] The version 3 of the InterDomain-QOSM Draft: the NSIS QOS Model to Fulfill the E2E QoS Control in the ITU-T RACF Functional Architecture

From: Jian Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 15:18:08 +0000

Dear all,

Please kindly read the version 3 of the InterDomain-QOSM Draft: our 
effort to define a NSIS QOS Model to fulfill the E2E QoS control
in the ITU-T RACF functional architecture, which has been submitted to 
the NSIS WG for discussion at the coming IETF meeting.

And if you have any questions or suggestions about this draft, we would 
like to answer or discuss with
you in this mailing list. The abstract of this draft is attached below 
and the link which holds the whole contents of the draft is also 
provided below.

Cheers,

Jian Zhang

Dept. of Computer Science
Queen Mary, Univ. of London

---------------------------------------

Abstract

   This document has three goals. First of all, it presents our analysis
   of how to use the NSIS signaling (inter-domain QOSM and intra-domain
   QOSM) to fulfill the QoS control in accord with the ITU-T RACF
   functional architecture. For this goal, we discuss how the ITU-T RACF
   entities in the ITU-T RACF functional architecture can be mapped to
   the NSIS entities and how the RACF reference points can be
   implemented by using the NSIS protocol suites and QOSMs. Secondly, we
   aim at specifying an NSIS Inter-domain QOSM for E2E QoS control
   across heterogeneous IP networks and applying this Inter-domain QOSM
   to the e2e QoS control in the ITU-T RACF functional architecture
   based on the above ITU-T RACF analysis. The detailed description of
   the NSIS Inter-domain QOSM are given and the e2e QoS control
   scenarios in the ITU-T RACF architecture (including RACF Push and
   Pull resource control modes), which will be covered by the NSIS
   Inter-domain QOSM are described and implemented. Thirdly, we specify
   and implement those QSPECs that will be used by the Inter-domain QOSM
   for the e2e QoS control in the ITU-T RACF architecture.

The link is 
http://ietfreport.isoc.org/ids/draft-zhang-nsis-interdomain-qosm-03.txt .

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis