Subject: [NSIS] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-nsis-qspec-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Next Steps in Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: QoS NSLP QSPEC Template
	Author(s)	: J. Ash, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-nsis-qspec-12.txt
	Pages		: 62
	Date		: 2006-10-9
	
The QoS NSLP protocol is used to signal QoS reservations and is
   independent of a specific QoS model (QOSM) such as IntServ or
   DiffServ.  Rather, all information specific to a QOSM is encapsulated
   in a separate object, the QSPEC.  This document defines a template
   for the QSPEC, which contains both the QoS description and QSPEC
   control information. The QSPEC format is defined, as are a number of
   QSPEC parameters.  The QSPEC-1 parameters provide a common language
   to be re-used in several QOSMs.  QSPEC-2 parameters aim to ensure
   the extensibility of QoS NSLP to other QOSMs in the future.  To a
   certain extent QSPEC parameters ensure interoperability of QOSMs. 
   The node initiating the NSIS signaling adds an Initiator QSPEC that
   must not be removed, thereby ensuring the intention of the NSIS
   initiator is preserved along the signaling path.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-qspec-12.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-nsis-qspec-12.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-qspec-12.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis

---

From: "Ash, Gerald R \(Jerry\), ALABS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 16:58:45 -0500

Hi All,

The updated 'QoS NSLP QSPEC Template' I-D is available at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-qspec-12.txt.

The main changes are as follows:

1. Sections 4, 5, 6: Many editorial changes and rearrangements.
2. Moved example of QSPEC processing to Appendix A.
3. Section 7.2.2: Changed <Traffic Parameter> to fixed length parameter.
4. 3 open issues in version -11 resolved as follows:
a) Issue #1 (Number of QSPEC-1 Parameters): 
current number of mandatory parameters retained, as follows:
<Excess Treatment> Parameter (Section 7.2.1)
<Traffic> Parameter (Section 7.2.2)
<QoS Class> Parameter (Section 7.2.3)
<Priority> Parameter (Section 7.2.4)
b) Issue #2 (Remapping of QSPEC Parameters):
no change in examples/requirements for remapping QSPEC parameters
(detailed in Section 6.1)
c) Issue #3 (Allowing a QSPEC-1 Parameter to be Ignored):
the QSPEC-1 concept is retained and all QSPEC-1 parameters, if
populated, must be either strictly interpreted or remapped (any
remapping must be specified in QOSM specification document). 

There are no current open issues.

Thanks,
Jerry

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, October 09, 2006 3:50 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [NSIS] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-nsis-qspec-12.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Next Steps in Signaling Working Group
of the IETF.