Subject: [NSIS] QoS NSLP final fixes for v.14

From: Jukka MJ Manner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 12:54:23 +0300 (EEST)

Dear all,

Here are the changes I have done to QoS NSLP spec. If I have missed some 
comment, please forgive me, and send it again.

There is still the question of the abstract API. The current version is 
(very) complex, and one proposal was to divide it into a simple API, and a 
more powerful API (mainly for those inter-intra domain cases).

The changes:

1.

Added Protocol Error:

0x0f - Incompatible QSPEC
(From Jerry & Andrew, Mar 14)

2. 

Moved Break-flag from message-specific flags to Generic Flags in the
Common Header.
(Suggested by Roland, Mar 21)

3. 

To support pre-emption mechanisms in QOSMs, we have added:

* RESERVE and QUERY should be able to carry an INFO_SPEC object

* BOUND_SESSION_ID that indicates the session that caused the
pre-emption. Note that the value of this BOUND_SESSION_ID will have a
new Binding Code value, which will have to be specified in the QOS-NSLP.

and the section below:

4.2.12.  Pre-emption

   The QoS NSLP provides building blocks to implement pre-emption.  This
   specification does not define how pre-emption should work, but only
   provides signaling mechanisms that can be used by QoS Models.  For
   example, an INFO_SPEC object can be added to messages to indicate
   that the signaled session was pre-empted.  A BOUND_SESSION_ID object
   can carry the Session ID of the flow that caused the pre-emption to
   happen for the signaled session.  How these are used by QoS Models is
   out of scope of the QoS NSLP specification.

When do we start WGLC?

Regards,
Jukka

ps. By far the biggest change was to move from good-old nroff to xml... 
took a while. ;)

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis

---

From: Martin Stiemerling <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 12:03:53 +0200

Hi Jukka,

Can you post an updated draft soon? We can run the WGLC with the new  
draft.

Any thoughts from the WG about the API?

Thanks,

  Martin

> ps. By far the biggest change was to move from good-old nroff to  

[email-masked]
NEC Europe Limited | Registered Office: NEC House, 1 Victoria Road,  
London W3 6BL | Registered in England 2832014

---

From: Jukka MJ Manner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 13:21:09 +0300 (EEST)

Hi,

I can post the draft at any time. As said, it still lacks a new API.

Jukka

On Thu, 31 May 2007, Martin Stiemerling wrote:

> Hi Jukka,
> 
> Can you post an updated draft soon? We can run the WGLC with the new draft.
> 
> NEC Europe Limited | Registered Office: NEC House, 1 Victoria Road, London W3
> 6BL | Registered in England 2832014
> 
>