Subject: [NSIS] Request comments on draft-bless-nsis-est-mrm-00

From: Roland Bless <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 09:15:05 +0100

Hi,

unfortunately I missed the deadline for initial draft documents
but I will submit the document on December, 3rd when the queue
opens again. Until then you can get it unofficially from here:
http://doc.tm.uka.de/2007/draft-bless-nsis-est-mrm-00.txt

We came across this MRM due to need for optimized
mobility scenarios, but we think it might be joined with other
existing proposals with other backgrounds in the future, e.g. Hypath.
However, since the proposal is simple and the document is short
you should have a look at it. Furthermore, I implemented it
and it was quite easy and works well, even if used together with
the standard PC-MRM. I guess that it nicely demonstrates the
flexibility and extensibility of GIST.

Abstract:
   The standard operation of the General Internet Signaling Transport
   (GIST) Protocol uses a path-coupled message routing method (PC-MRM)
   to find nodes interested in signaling message exchanges.  This
   specification proposes an Explicit Signaling Target Message Routing
   Method (EST-MRM) in order to allow sending of signaling messages to
   explicit targets.

Regards,
 Roland

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis