Subject: [NSIS] I-D Action:draft-ietf-nsis-nslp-natfw-18.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 04:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Next Steps in Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : NAT/Firewall NSIS Signaling Layer Protocol (NSLP)
	Author(s)       : M. Stiemerling, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nsis-nslp-natfw-18.txt
	Pages           : 89
	Date            : 2008-02-15

This memo defines the NSIS Signaling Layer Protocol (NSLP) for
Network Address Translators (NATs) and firewalls.  This NSLP allows
hosts to signal on the data path for NATs and firewalls to be
configured according to the needs of the application data flows.  For
instance, it enables hosts behind NATs to obtain a public reachable
address and hosts behind firewalls to receive data traffic.  The
overall architecture is given by the framework and requirements
defined by the Next Steps in Signaling (NSIS) working group.  The
network scenarios, the protocol itself, and examples for path-coupled
signaling are given in this memo.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-nslp-natfw-18.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-nsis-nslp-natfw-18.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-nslp-natfw-18.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis

---

From: "Martin Stiemerling" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 13:17:17 +0100

(writing chair's hat off)

Hi all,

Just FYI there is a new draft of the NATFW NSLP. Andrew pointed out in a private email that there was no text in the IANA section for the to be assigned IPv4 and IPv6 RAO values. The text has now been added.

This has been changed or added to the IANA considerations section:

OLD
   Furthermore, IANA is requested to add a new value to the NSLP
   Identifiers (NSLPID) registry defined in [2] for the NATFW NSLP.

NEW
   GIST NSLPID

   This specification defines an NSLP for use with GIST and thus
   requires an assigned NSLP identifier.  IANA is requested to add a new
   value to the NSLP Identifiers (NSLPID) registry defined in [2] for
   the NATFW NSLP.

   IPv4 and IPv6 Router Alert Option (RAO) value

   The GIST specification also requires that each NSLP-ID be associated
   with specific Router Alert Option (RAO) value.  For the purposes of
   the NATFW NSLP, just a single IPv4 RAO value and a single IPv6 RAO
   must be allocated.

  Martin

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On 
> Behalf Of [email-masked]
> Sent: Friday, February 15, 2008 1:00 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [NSIS] I-D Action:draft-ietf-nsis-nslp-natfw-18.txt
> 
> This memo defines the NSIS Signaling Layer Protocol (NSLP) 
> for Network Address Translators (NATs) and firewalls.  This 
> NSLP allows hosts to signal on the data path for NATs and 
> firewalls to be configured according to the needs of the 
> application data flows.  For instance, it enables hosts 
> behind NATs to obtain a public reachable address and hosts 
> behind firewalls to receive data traffic.  The overall 
> architecture is given by the framework and requirements 
> defined by the Next Steps in Signaling (NSIS) working group.  
> The network scenarios, the protocol itself, and examples for 
> path-coupled signaling are given in this memo.
> 
> To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a 
> message to [email-masked] with the word 
> unsubscribe in the body of the message.
> Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login 
> with the username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail 
> address. After logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
> http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or 
> ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
> 
> Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail 
> reader implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII 
> version of the Internet-Draft.
> 

[email-masked]   <== NEW ADDRESS

NEC Laboratories Europe - Network Research Division

NEC Europe Limited | Registered Office: NEC House, 1 Victoria Road, London W3 6BL | Registered in England 2832014  
_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis