Subject: [NSIS] Discussion of Router Alert Option in Routing Area

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 08:22:30 -0600

Hi,

I want to make a heads up announcement to people interested in the
Router Alert discussion. This is on the agenda for the Routing Area Open
meeting on Thursday 1pm-3pm. Please attend and participate in the
discussion to provide a transport view on this topic.

Room: Salon F
Agenda:

   1. WG Reports (chairs)

   2. Reduced Backus-Naur Form (Adrian Farrel)
      Background reading
      http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-farrel-rtg-common-bnf-07.txt

   3. RAO considered dangerous (Ashok Narayanan)
      Background reading

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rahman-rtg-router-alert-dangerous-00.txt

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis

---

From: Francois Le Faucheur IMAP <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 09:53:29 -0600

Hi,

FYI, a new version of the "RAO Considerations and Usage" draft is  
available at:
http://www.tla-group.com/~loa/draft-rahman-rtg-router-alert-considerations-00.txt

Thanks

Francois

---

From: "Hancock, Robert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 16:24:11 -0000

also FYI, i've posted a draft about the (experimental) use of the
RAO for GIST. some of this is the specification itself, but there's
also a fair amount of the background analysis of why one might or
might not want to use something RAO-like for packet interception.

see:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hancock-nsis-gist-rao-00.txt

robert h. 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On 
> Behalf Of Francois Le Faucheur IMAP
> Sent: 17 November 2008 15:53
> To: Magnus Westerlund; tsvwg IETF list; NSIS
> Subject: Re: [NSIS] [Tsvwg] Discussion of Router Alert Option 
> in Routing Area
> 
> Hi,
> 
> FYI, a new version of the "RAO Considerations and Usage" 
> draft is available at:
> > Router Alert discussion. This is on the agenda for the Routing Area 
> > Open meeting on Thursday 1pm-3pm. Please attend and 
> participate in the

---

From: Francois Le Faucheur IMAP <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 11:07:01 -0600

> http://www.tla-group.com/~loa/draft-rahman-rtg-router-alert-considerations-00.txt

the draft is now also accessible from the IETF server :
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rahman-rtg-router-alert-considerations-00.txt

Francois

>> Open