Subject: [NSIS] Document Action: 'QoS NSLP QSPEC Template' to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 07:34:03 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'QoS NSLP QSPEC Template '
   <draft-ietf-nsis-qspec-24.txt> as an Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the Next Steps in Signaling Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Magnus Westerlund and Lars Eggert.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-qspec-24.txt

Technical Summary

The QoS NSLP protocol is used to signal QoS reservations and is
independent of a specific QoS model (QOSM) such as IntServ or
DiffServ. Rather, all information specific to a QOSM is encapsulated
in a separate object, the QSPEC. This document defines a template
for the QSPEC including a number of QSPEC parameters. The QSPEC
parameters provide a common language to be re-used in several QOSMs
and thereby aim to ensure the extensibility and interoperability of
QoS NSLP. The node initiating the NSIS signaling adds an initiator
QSPEC, which indicates the QSPEC parameters that must be interpreted
by the downstream nodes less the reservation fails, thereby ensuring
the intention of the NSIS initiator is preserved along the signaling
path.

Working Group Summary
There have been several WGLC on the document, plus several pre-WGLCs
on the document. The editors have gotten extensive feedback from the WG
and outside of the WG.

Document Quality
This document was reviewed by the working group chair as well as the
WG. We feel that this document is ready.

Personal
The document shepherd is Martin Stimerling and the responsible AD Magnus
Westerlund.