Subject: [NSIS] Document Action: 'Using and Extending the NSIS Protocol Family' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 12:18:09 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Using and Extending the NSIS Protocol Family '
   <draft-ietf-nsis-ext-07.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Next Steps in Signaling Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Lars Eggert.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-ext-07.txt

Technical Summary

  This document gives an overview of the Next Steps in Signaling (NSIS)
  framework and protocol suite created by the NSIS working group during
  the period 2001-2009 together with suggestions on how the industry
  can make use of the new protocols, and how the community can exploit
  the extensibility of both the framework and existing protocols to
  address future signaling needs.

Working Group Summary

  This document is an outcome of the NSIS WG. 

Document Quality

  The document is a supplemental document to the NSIS protocols
  with an informational purpose.

Personnel

  Martin Stiemerling ([email-masked]) is the document
  shepherd. Lars Eggert ([email-masked]) reviewed it for the
  IESG.

RFC Editor Note

  The IANA considerations in draft-ietf-nsis-ntlp, which this document
  refers to, had to be modified past IESG approval, because they were
  inconsistent with an Experimental RFC status. The IESG requests that the

  RFC Editor contact them when this document hits the EDIT state, so we
can
  double-check that the IANA considerations of the two documents are
  aligned.