Subject: [NSIS] Document Action: 'GIST State Machine' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 08:06:37 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'GIST State Machine '
   <draft-ietf-nsis-ntlp-statemachine-10.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Next Steps in Signaling Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Lars Eggert.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-ntlp-statemachine-10.txt

Technical Summary

  This document describes the state machines for the General Internet
  Signaling Transport (GIST). The states of GIST nodes for a given flow
  and their transitions are presented in order to illustrate how GIST
  may be implemented.

Working Group Summary

  The document is a product of the NSIS working group. The WG has
reviewed
  the document thoroughly, and it has helped a number of implementations,
  and in general people to understand how GIST works.

Document Quality

  There exists about half a dozen implementations of GIST, and many of
  them have benefited from the state machine specification.

Personnel

  The document shepherd is Jukka Manner [email-masked]). Lars
  Eggert ([email-masked]) reviewed this document for the IESG.
Jukka Manner.