Subject: [NSIS] new vesrion: Fwd: I-D Action:draft-ietf-nsis-rmd-20.txt

From: "Georgios Karagiannis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 06:40:33 +0000

Hi all

Version 20 of the RMD-QOSM draft has been just submitted. This version
includes updated text that is used to satisfy all questions/comments
that were raised by Brian Weis and the IESG members.

In particular:

* the title includes the word NSIS and section 3.2.3 includes the
paragraph that was requested by Dan Romascanu.

* section 5 includes the text that was provided by Hannes in order to
satisfy the comments of Brian Weis and Sean Turner.

Best regards,
Georgios

--- Original Message ---
Date: 5/5/2010
From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [NSIS] I-D Action:draft-ietf-nsis-rmd-20.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Next Steps in Signaling Working Group of
the IETF.

	Title           : RMD-QOSM - The NSIS Resource Management in Diffserv
QOS Model
	Author(s)       : A. Bader, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nsis-rmd-20.txt
	Pages           : 115
	Date            : 2010-05-05

This document describes an NSIS QoS Model for networks that use the
Resource Management in Diffserv (RMD) concept.  RMD is a technique
for adding admission control and pre-emption function to
Differentiated Services (Diffserv) networks.  The RMD QoS Model
allows devices external to the RMD network to signal reservation
requests to edge nodes in the RMD network. The RMD Ingress edge nodes
classify the incoming flows into traffic classes and signals resource
requests for the corresponding traffic class along the data path to
the Egress edge nodes for each flow.  Egress nodes reconstitute the
original requests and continue forwarding them along the data path
towards the final destination. In addition, RMD defines notification
functions to indicate overload situations within the domain to the
edge nodes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-rmd-20.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.