Subject: [NSIS] Document Action: 'General Internet Signaling Transport (GIST) over Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) and Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS)' to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 15:02:19 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'General Internet Signaling Transport (GIST) over Stream Control 
   Transmission Protocol (SCTP) and Datagram Transport Layer Security 
   (DTLS) '
   <draft-ietf-nsis-ntlp-sctp-15.txt> as an Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the Next Steps in Signaling Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Lars Eggert.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-ntlp-sctp-15.txt

Technical Summary

The General Internet Signaling Transport (GIST) protocol currently
uses TCP or TLS over TCP for connection mode operation. This
document describes the usage of GIST over the Stream Control
Transmission Protocol (SCTP) and Datagram Transport Layer Security
(DTLS). The use of SCTP can take advantage of features provided by
SCTP, namely streaming-based transport, support of multiple streams
to avoid head of line blocking, the support of multi-homing to
provide network level fault tolerance, as well as partial reliability
extension for partially reliable data transmission. This document
also specifies how to establish GIST security over datagram transport
protocols using an extension to DTLS.

Working Group Summary

This document is an outcome of the NSIS Working Group.

Document Quality

The document is a supplemental document to the NSIS protocols with an
experimental purpose. There exists two independent implementations of
the specification.

Personnel

Jukka Manner ([email-masked]) is the Document Shepherd. Lars Eggert
([email-masked]) reviewed it for the IESG.

---

From: Xiaoming Fu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 09:09:43 +0200

Hi all,

Thanks a lot Jukka, Lars, Magnus, reviewers, the whole IESG and NSIS WG 
for your inputs and efforts moving this through!

Regards,
Xiaoming, Christian and Jon

The IESG wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> nsis mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis

-- 
Prof. Dr. Xiaoming Fu          user.informatik.uni-goettingen.de/~fu
Computer Networks Group        www.net.informatik.uni-goettingen.de
University of Goettingen       E-Mail: [email-masked]
Goldschmidtstr. 7              Tel/Secr: +49-(0)551-39-1720 23/20
D-37077 Goettingen, Germany    Fax:      +49-(0)551-39-14416