Subject: [NSIS] I-D Action:draft-ietf-nsis-tunnel-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 18:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Next Steps in Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : NSIS Operation Over IP Tunnels
	Author(s)       : C. Shen, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nsis-tunnel-12.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2010-07-05

NSIS Quality of Service (QoS) signaling enables applications to
perform QoS reservation along a data flow path.  When the data flow
path contains IP tunnel segments, NSIS QoS signaling has no effect
within those tunnel segments and the resulting tunnel segments could
become the weakest QoS link which may invalidate the QoS efforts in
the rest of the end-to-end path.  The problem with NSIS signaling
within the tunnel is caused by the tunnel encapsulation which masks
packets' original IP header fields.  Those original IP header fields
are needed to intercept NSIS signaling messages and classify QoS data
packets.  This document defines a solution to this problem by mapping
end-to-end QoS session requests to corresponding QoS sessions in the
tunnel, thus extending the end-to-end QoS signaling into the IP
tunnel segments.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-tunnel-12.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.