Subject: [NSIS] RFC 5978 on Using and Extending the NSIS Protocol Family

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 12:17:04 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5978

        Title:      Using and Extending the NSIS 
                    Protocol Family 
        Author:     J. Manner, R. Bless,
                    J. Loughney, E. Davies, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      30
        Characters: 75732
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-nsis-ext-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5978.txt

This document gives an overview of the Next Steps in Signaling (NSIS)
framework and protocol suite created by the NSIS Working Group during
the period of 2001-2010.  It also includes suggestions on how the
industry can make use of the new protocols and how the community can
exploit the extensibility of both the framework and existing
protocols to address future signaling needs.  This document is not 
an Internet Standards Track specification; it is published for 
informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Next Steps in Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC