Subject: [NSIS] RFC 5973 on NAT/Firewall NSIS Signaling Layer Protocol (NSLP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 12:16:04 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5973

        Title:      NAT/Firewall NSIS Signaling Layer Protocol 
                    (NSLP) 
        Author:     M. Stiemerling, H. Tschofenig,
                    C. Aoun, E. Davies
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      90
        Characters: 219962
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-nsis-nslp-natfw-25.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5973.txt

This memo defines the NSIS Signaling Layer Protocol (NSLP) for
Network Address Translators (NATs) and firewalls.  This NSLP allows
hosts to signal on the data path for NATs and firewalls to be
configured according to the needs of the application data flows.  For
instance, it enables hosts behind NATs to obtain a publicly reachable
address and hosts behind firewalls to receive data traffic.  The
overall architecture is given by the framework and requirements
defined by the Next Steps in Signaling (NSIS) working group.  The
network scenarios, the protocol itself, and examples for path-coupled
signaling are given in this memo.  This document defines an Experimental 
Protocol for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Next Steps in Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC