Subject: [NSIS] RFC 5976 on Y.1541-QOSM: Model for Networks Using Y.1541 Quality-of-Service Classes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 12:16:39 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5976

        Title:      Y.1541-QOSM: Model for Networks Using 
                    Y.1541 Quality-of-Service Classes 
        Author:     G. Ash, A. Morton,
                    M. Dolly, P. Tarapore,
                    C. Dvorak, Y. El Mghazli
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 42215
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-nsis-y1541-qosm-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5976.txt

This document describes a QoS-NSLP Quality-of-Service model (QOSM)
based on ITU-T Recommendation Y.1541 Network QoS Classes and related
guidance on signaling.  Y.1541 specifies 8 classes of Network
Performance objectives, and the Y.1541-QOSM extensions include
additional QSPEC parameters and QOSM processing guidelines.  
This document defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet
community.

This document is a product of the Next Steps in Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC