Subject: [NSIS] RFC 5974 on NSIS Signaling Layer Protocol (NSLP) for Quality-of-Service Signaling

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 12:16:15 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5974

        Title:      NSIS Signaling Layer Protocol (NSLP) 
                    for Quality-of-Service Signaling 
        Author:     J. Manner, G. Karagiannis,
                    A. McDonald
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      102
        Characters: 233309
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-nsis-qos-nslp-18.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5974.txt

This specification describes the NSIS Signaling Layer Protocol (NSLP)
for signaling Quality of Service (QoS) reservations in the Internet.
It is in accordance with the framework and requirements developed in
NSIS.  Together with General Internet Signaling Transport (GIST), it
provides functionality similar to RSVP and extends it.  The QoS NSLP
is independent of the underlying QoS specification or architecture
and provides support for different reservation models.  It is
simplified by the elimination of support for multicast flows.  This
specification explains the overall protocol approach, describes the
design decisions made, and provides examples.  It specifies object,
message formats, and processing rules.  This document defines an 
Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Next Steps in Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC