Subject: [ntpwg] About RFC5908

From: François-Xavier Le Bail <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 02:48:39 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

About RFC5908, "Network Time Protocol (NTP) Server Option for DHCPv6".

Section 4 says: 
The option itself does not contain any value.  Instead, it contains
one or several suboptions that carry NTP server or SNTP server
location.  This option MUST include one, and only one, time source
suboption. 

(http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5908#section-4)

It seems to me contradictory:
- The option itself [...]. Instead, it contains one or several suboptions [...]
- This option MUST include one, and only one, time source suboption.

Did I miss anything?

Best regards,

Francois-Xavier le Bail
_______________________________________________
ntpwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.ntp.org/listinfo/ntpwg

---

From: Danny Mayer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 22:31:20 -0400

I think you might be better off asking in the DHCP working group since
it's more about DHCP than NTP. Although I reviewed the document my
review was more to do with how it impacts NTP rather than DHCP.

Danny