Subject: [ntpwg] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ntp-extension-field-04.txt> (The Network Time Protocol Version 4 (NTPv4) Extension Fields) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 08:33:11 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Network Time Protocol WG (ntp)
to consider the following document:
- 'The Network Time Protocol Version 4 (NTPv4) Extension Fields'
  <draft-ietf-ntp-extension-field-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-09-01. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Network Time Protocol Version 4 (NTPv4) defines the optional
   usage of extension fields. An extension field, defined in RFC5905, is
   an optional field that resides at the end of the NTP header, and can
   be used to add optional capabilities or additional information that
   is not conveyed in the standard NTP header. This document updates
   RFC5905 by clarifying some points regarding NTP extension fields and
   their usage with Message Authentication Codes (MAC).

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ntp-extension-field/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ntp-extension-field/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

_______________________________________________
ntpwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.ntp.org/listinfo/ntpwg