Subject: Re: [Ntp] Antw: Re: Updates to draft-stenn-ntp-extension-fields

From: Martin Burnicki <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 14:31:51 +0100

Folks,

sorry for jumping in so late.

I just read RFC-7822
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7822

as well as Harlan's proposal for a replacement of that RFC
https://github.com/hstenn/ietf-ntp-extension-field.git

IMO Harlan's proposal is very detailed and profound, and provides the
reader with quite a bit of information about potential pitfalls in
implementations.

It also sounds like it's backward compatible with existing NTP
implementations, which is very important, and on the other hand pretty
flexible.

Harlan,

is there an implementation of this proposal which has been or can be
tested in real operation?

Martin
-- 
Martin Burnicki

Senior Software Engineer

MEINBERG Funkuhren GmbH & Co. KG
Email: [email-masked]
Phone: +49 (0)5281 9309-14
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/martinburnicki/

Lange Wand 9, 31812 Bad Pyrmont, Germany
Amtsgericht Hannover 17HRA 100322
Geschäftsführer/Managing Directors: Günter Meinberg, Werner Meinberg,
Andre Hartmann, Heiko Gerstung
Websites: https://www.meinberg.de  https://www.meinbergglobal.com
Training: https://www.meinberg.academy

---

From: Harlan Stenn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 12:22:03 -0800

> tested in real operation?

Thanks for the feedback, Martin!

Yes, I've been running an implementation of this for several/many
months' time.  This code will likely be published in January.

-- 
Harlan Stenn <[email-masked]>
http://networktimefoundation.org - be a member!