Subject: [Ntp] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ntp-using-nts-for-ntp-19.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 13:46:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Time Protocol WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Network Time Security for the Network Time Protocol
        Authors         : Daniel Fox Franke
                          Dieter Sibold
                          Kristof Teichel
                          Marcus Dansarie
                          Ragnar Sundblad
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ntp-using-nts-for-ntp-19.txt
	Pages           : 43
	Date            : 2019-04-30

Abstract:
   This memo specifies Network Time Security (NTS), a mechanism for
   using Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Authenticated Encryption
   with Associated Data (AEAD) to provide cryptographic security for the
   client-server mode of the Network Time Protocol (NTP).

   NTS is structured as a suite of two loosely coupled sub-protocols.
   The first (NTS-KE) handles initial authentication and key
   establishment over TLS.  The second handles encryption and
   authentication during NTP time synchronization via extension fields
   in the NTP packets, and holds all required state only on the client
   via opaque cookies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ntp-using-nts-for-ntp/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ntp-using-nts-for-ntp-19
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ntp-using-nts-for-ntp-19

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ntp-using-nts-for-ntp-19

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/