Subject: [Ntp] BCP 223, RFC 8633 on Network Time Protocol Best Current Practices

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2019 17:33:12 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 223        
        RFC 8633

        Title:      Network Time Protocol Best Current Practices 
        Author:     D. Reilly,
                    H. Stenn,
                    D. Sibold
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      26
        Characters: 60651
        See Also:   BCP 223

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ntp-bcp-13.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8633

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8633

The Network Time Protocol (NTP) is one of the oldest protocols on the
Internet and has been widely used since its initial publication.
This document is a collection of best practices for the general
operation of NTP servers and clients on the Internet.  It includes
recommendations for the stable, accurate, and secure operation of NTP
infrastructure.  This document is targeted at NTP version 4 as
described in RFC 5905.

This document is a product of the Network Time Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC