Subject: [Ntp] Document for Synchronization Security Guidelines

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 19:30:23 +0200

Hey all,

as I mentioned at the end of the interrim meeting today, I have (as a 
byproduct of compiling my PhD thesis) some text lying around that deals 
with our experience from the last six years or so in designing secure time 
synchronization - for both two-way and one-way communication.
It lists the goals for secure synchronization, first by what the 
participants' interests are, then by what objectives that implies for the 
actual messages that are exchanged. 
It then goes on to describe for each two-way and one-way scenarios a (very 
high-level) blueprint for how to solve all these goals at once.

If anyone were interested in reading this long-ish treatise and commenting 
on what aspects of it might be interesting enough for the WG to put them 
into an actual draft and deal with the further processing of that for some 
BCP or otherwise informational document, I would be very grateful.
I can always do editorial passes to make things less long-winded, but I 
will not get to that before November or so.

Best regards,
Kristof

(Sorry, I currently only have PDF output conveniently available for my 
LaTeX source)