Subject: [Ntp] ALPN registration in latest NTS draft

From: "Salz, Rich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2020 22:28:09 +0000

Why was “recommended” changed from Y to N?
                /r$, one of the designated experts for that registry

---

From: Ragnar Sundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2020 23:52:26 +0100

Hello Rich,

> On 18 Mar 2020, at 23:28, Salz, Rich <rsalz=[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

There is a note on the IANA web page that says for not Recommended:
“... or is intended only for specific use cases."

Our interpretation of that was that it should only be “recommended” = Y
for more general purpose exporters, and we saw that most of the
other similar more protocol specific entries in the registry had N.

If you are of a different opinion, we will not oppose a change!

Best regards,

Ragnar

---

From: "Salz, Rich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 00:09:29 +0000

This is a standards-track doc, just like RFC 8471, so go with the "Y"
The ones that have N are not IETF docs, or experimental/informational.

On 3/18/20, 6:52 PM, "Ragnar Sundblad" <[email-masked]> wrote:

    Hello Rich,

    

    Best regards,
    
    Ragnar

---

From: Ragnar Sundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 01:19:04 +0100

Thanks for the information!

I suspect there will be at least one more version of the draft, and
we will change this back to “Y”.

Regards,

RAgnar

> On 19 Mar 2020, at 01:09, Salz, Rich <[email-masked]> wrote:
>