Subject: [Ntp] Coordinated NTS deployment push

From: Watson Ladd <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2020 17:40:08 -0700

If anyone is interested in working on a coordinated set of
announcements around support for the final, RFC version of NTS, let me
know. I'm not sure what the timeline for learning the port assignment
and other IANA details is, but hopefully a few weeks after that
time.cloudflare.com will be running the RFC compliant version on the
right port.

At that point we'll be ready to make a public announcement, and I'm
hoping we won't be the only ones to do so at that time. Hopefully we
start making a dent in the insecure use of NTP.

Sincerely,
Watson Ladd

---

From: "Patrik Fältström" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2020 08:04:04 +0100

We at Netnod are, as always, in favor of coordinated efforts to increase interest in secure and stable time and frequency distribution. So we are in.

   Patrik

On 28 Mar 2020, at 1:40, Watson Ladd wrote:

> announcements around support for the final, RFC version of NTS, let me know. I'm not sure what the timeline for learning the port assignment and other IANA details is, but hopefully a few weeks after that time.cloudflare.com will be running the RFC compliant version on the right port.
>
> At that point we'll be ready to make a public announcement, and I'm hoping we won't be the only ones to do so at that time. Hopefully we start making a dent in the insecure use of NTP.
>
> Sincerely,
> Watson Ladd
>
> _______________________________________________
> ntp mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ntp