Subject: [Ntp] NTS at IETF-107 hackathon

From: Christer Weinigel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2020 21:47:09 +0100

Hi all,

IETF-170 will be taking place in a few weeks.  I'm planning to attend 
the hackathon remotely and work on NTS again.

I have two things I'd like to focus on:

1) Fuzzing of UDP packets to the NTS timestamping servers.

2) How to make it possible to use NTS with NTP pools.

For 1, I've been adding code to my NTS client to do silly things with 
NTP queries such as reordering extension fields, adding random extension 
fields, modifying the UID/cookie/cookie placeholder fields, mainly to 
test the robustness of my NTS implementation.  I'll try to clean up my 
code and push this to the Netnod nts-poc-python repository on github in 
time for the Hackathon.  I would like to test other NTS server 
implementations too, but have not had time to do that yet.  Anyone 
interested in doing that?

For 2, Watson Ladd started a discussion on the list that I have not had 
time to look at yet (I've been moving the last few weeks other things 
got down-prioritized).  I'd very much like to have a short phone meeting 
about this during the hackathon if someone else is interested.

Does anyone else plan to attend?

   /Christer

---

From: Watson Ladd <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 09:12:38 -0700

> interested in doing that?

This sounds very exciting, not sure if I'll be online for the hackathon.

> about this during the hackathon if someone else is interested.

I'd love to add this to the WG agenda if it makes sense. Otherwise I
can potentially hop on a phone call: my plans are in flux due to the
current situation in the bay area.

---

From: Martin Langer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2020 07:17:11 +0100

I'm not gonna make it this time.

Am 10.03.2020 um 17:12 schrieb Watson Ladd:
> _______________________________________________
> ntp mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ntp

-- 
Martin Langer, M.Eng.
Ostfalia Hochschule für angewandte Wissenschaften
- Hochschule Braunschweig/Wolfenbüttel
University of Applied Sciences

Labor Datentechnik, Labor Design Digitaler Systeme
Fakultät Elektrotechnik
Salzdahlumer Straße 46/48
38302 Wolfenbüttel
Germany

Tel. : +49 5331 939 43370
Web  : https://www.ostfalia.de/cms/de/pws/bermbach/mitarbeiter/martin-langer

---

From: Michael Cardell Widerkrantz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2020 14:13:17 +0100

Hello,

The IETF hackathon may be cancelled but we're a few people doing a
virtual hackathon in Sweden.

We are mainly working on the Go NTS client:

https://gitlab.com/hacklunch/ntsclient

and its associated Go packages:

NTP: https://gitlab.com/hacklunch/ntp

NTS-KE: https://gitlab.com/hacklunch/ntske

MRs welcome!

We're on ##nts on the FreeNode IRC network.

We might be using Mumble for audio.

-- 
MC, https://hack.org/mc/
XMPP OTR: f4c09b50 e6d7b04f 7afd37c1 bd3a077e 5ea94a64