Subject: [Ntp] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ntp-port-randomization-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 04:25:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Time Protocol WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Port Randomization in the Network Time Protocol Version 4
        Authors         : Fernando Gont
                          Guillermo Gont
                          Miroslav Lichvar
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ntp-port-randomization-06.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2020-09-15

Abstract:
   The Network Time Protocol can operate in several modes.  Some of
   these modes are based on the receipt of unsolicited packets, and
   therefore require the use of a well-known port as the local port
   number.  However, in the case of NTP modes where the use of a well-
   known port is not required, employing such well-known port
   unnecessarily increases the ability of attackers to perform blind/
   off-path attacks.  This document formally updates RFC5905,
   recommending the use of transport-protocol ephemeral port
   randomization for those modes where use of the NTP well-known port is
   not required.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ntp-port-randomization/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ntp-port-randomization-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ntp-port-randomization-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ntp-port-randomization-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/