Subject: [Ntp] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ntp-interleaved-modes-04.txt> (NTP Interleaved Modes) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2021 05:59:35 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Network Time Protocol WG (ntp) to
consider the following document: - 'NTP Interleaved Modes'
  <draft-ietf-ntp-interleaved-modes-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-04-14. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document extends the specification of Network Time Protocol
   (NTP) version 4 in RFC 5905 with special modes called the NTP
   interleaved modes, that enable NTP servers to provide their clients
   and peers with more accurate transmit timestamps that are available
   only after transmitting NTP packets.  More specifically, this
   document describes three modes: interleaved client/server,
   interleaved symmetric, and interleaved broadcast.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ntp-interleaved-modes/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.