Subject: [Ntp] Robert Wilton's No Objection on draft-ietf-ntp-yang-data-model-15: (with COMMENT)

From: Robert Wilton via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2021 04:55:04 -0700

Robert Wilton has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-ntp-yang-data-model-15: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ntp-yang-data-model/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Thank you for this document.  It is always nice to see another YANG model being
standardized.  I would also like to thank both Andy, for his YANG Doctor
review, and Tom for his help on reviewing and improving the YANG model.

I have only a few questions/comments on the draft itself.

Section 5 talks about Access Rules, and I didn't know whether it might be
helpful to indicate that this section is referring only to on-the-wire peer
access control, and is independent of any management API access control, that
could be enabled by, e.g., NACM (8341)?

It is good to report the NTP statistics, but it might also be helpful to define
an action to allow clients to reset those statistics, although this could be
deferred to a future revision.

Finally, I note that there was another NTP related draft on the telechat this
week, (draft-ietf-ntp-interleaved-modes-05), that suggests that "interleaved
symmetric mode" should be configured.  Does this YANG model cover configuring
that option, or would this be regarded as future work?

Regards,
Rob