Subject: [nvo3-dt-encap] Telemetry

From: David Mozes <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2017 15:26:05 +0000

Below is the Telemetry part  ,
Please let me if added more info on this is needed

In several scenarios it is beneficial to make information about the
 path a packet took through the network or through a network device as
well as associated telemetry information available to the operator.
This includes not only tasks like debugging, troubleshooting, as well
as network planning and network optimization but also policy or
service level agreement compliance checks.
Packet scheduling algorithms, especially for balancing traffic across
equal cost paths or links, often leverage information contained
within the packet, such as protocol number, IP-address or MAC-
address.  Probe packets would thus either need to be sent from the
exact same endpoints with the exact same parameters, or probe packets
would need to be artificially constructed as "fake" packets and
inserted along the path.  Both approaches are often not feasible from
an operational perspective, be it that access to the end-system is
not feasible, or that the diversity of parameters and associated
probe packets to be created is simply too large.  An in-bound telemetry
mechanism is an alternative in those cases.

By using Geneva option
We can get in band parameters likes: switch_id , in_port ,out_port,  internal delay  ,and queue eq

Thx
David