Subject: [nvo3] (no subject)

From: Lucy yong <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 21:26:45 +0000

Hi Marc, Nabil, Florin,

NVo3 framework draft and data plane req. draft have different definitions of VAP.

VAP definition in framework draft is:
   The VAPs can be in reality
   physical ports on a ToR or virtual ports identified through logical
   interface identifiers (VLANs, internal VSwitch Interface ID leading
   to a VM).
   VAP standards for virtual attachment point

VAP definition in data plane req.  draft is:
   - Using the local interface on which the frames are received, where
     the local interface may be an internal, virtual port in a VSwitch
     or a physical port on the ToR
   - Using the local interface and some fields in the frame header,
     e.g. one or multiple VLANs or the source MAC
   VAP standards for virtual access point

Which is the right one?

In addition, it is useful to allow that one TES connects to multiple VNIs through one VAP.

Regards,
Lucy