Subject: [nvo3] NVO3 Architecture

From: Benson Schliesser <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2013 15:48:03 -0400

Dear NVO3 Participants -

As discussed at the previous meeting (during IETF 86 in Orlando), 
Matthew and I have designated a team to co-author a WG document on NVO3 
Architecture. The charter of this team is to drive discussion of 
architectural issues and capture WG consensus in a draft.

In developing this document, we believe that a 'design team' approach 
will be most fruitful for the WG. After a great deal of consideration we 
have asked five individuals to serve in this capacity: David Black, Jon 
Hudson, Larry Kreeger, Marc Lasserre, and Thomas Narten. I thank them 
for their willingness to serve the WG.

As with all WG drafts, the Architecture document will describe the 
consensus of the WG (rather than of the individual authors). All WG 
participants are encouraged to contribute to these discussions and to 
contribute text for the document. Please note that competing individual 
drafts on the same topic are not considered helpful. Rather, the chairs 
ask all potential contributors to focus their efforts on this 
Architecture draft.

The team will be posting a -00 version soon and sending a pointer to 
this mailing list. It contains a number of open items, straw-men, 
questions, etc; there no assumptions about whether it reflects WG 
consensus at this point. Please review the draft and discuss it on the list.

Thanks and Cheers,
-Benson & Matthew

---

From: Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2013 14:22:56 -0400

> architectural issues and capture WG consensus in a draft.

And the document is now out as draft-narten-nvo3-arch-00.txt.

This document is a first step and there are areas within in that will
need filling out and revision. We've marked some portions as
specifically needing discussion, but put in the text so there would be
something concrete to start the discussion.

In planning for Berlin, we hope to see some discussion on the list
prior to the meeting and will kick of some threads on specific topics
once folk have had some time to review the document.

In Berlin, we will assume everyone has read the document and won't do
an overview per se. We do expect to use the meeting time to discuss
individual topics where we are looking for specific WG feedback.

Thanks!

Thomas