Subject: [nvo3] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-herbert-nvo3-ila-00.txt

From: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 10:08:09 -0800

Hello,

This is a proposal for Identifier Locator Addressing for network
virtualization. ILA is based on ILNP concepts of splitting IPv6
addresses into a locator and identifier. Applying this method to
network virtualization been suggested by Mark Smith and others in the
past, although I would point out this particular solution does not
involve the IPv6 flow label only the addresses. Unlike ILNP, we assume
that the nvo3 control plane provides identifier to locator mappings,
so control plane aspects are deferred. This also defines identifier
formats that encode a VNID and use cases for network virtualization.
The goal of all of this is to provide a means of doing nvo3 without
the need for additional encapsulation protocols.

Thanks,
Tom

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 9:46 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-herbert-nvo3-ila-00.txt
To: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-herbert-nvo3-ila-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Tom Herbert and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-herbert-nvo3-ila
Revision:       00
Title:          Identifier-locator addressing for network virtualization
Document date:  2015-01-20
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          31
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-herbert-nvo3-ila-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-herbert-nvo3-ila/
Htmlized:       http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-herbert-nvo3-ila-00

Abstract:
   This specification describes identifier-locator addressing (ILA) in
   IPv6 for network virtualization. Identifier-locator addressing
   differentiates between location and identity of a network node. Part
   of an address expresses the immutable identity of the node, and
   another part indicates the location of the node which can be dynamic.
   In the context of virtualization, a virtual address serves as an
   identifier and the address of the host where the associated tenant
   system currently resides is a locator.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat