Subject: [nvo3] Proposed timeline for publishing Requirements

From: Benson Schliesser <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2015 21:13:33 -0600

Dear NVO3 Contributors -

As mentioned during the virtual interim meeting last week, Matthew and I 
have been discussing when to publish the various NVO3 requirements 
documents. Our view is that there is no real value in publishing 
requirements if we fail to also deliver solutions. Further, we expect 
that the process of developing solutions will enhance our collective 
understanding, and therefore put NVO3 in a better position to evaluate 
whether the requirements documents are complete.

Finally, in some cases it may not make sense to have requirements 
documents that are separate from the solution. In other words, it is 
possible that the requirements may simply be a section of a solution 
document. This would need to be evaluated after we have a more firm idea 
of what the solution documentation might look like.

Thus, it is our proposal that we should update the milestones to reflect 
that the requirements will be published at the same time as the 
solutions. We welcome any feedback on this proposal within the next two 
weeks.

Cheers,
-Benson & Matthew