Subject: [nvo3] Comments on draft-dunbar-nvo3-nva-mapping-distribution-01

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 19:50:55 +0800

Dear authors,

I’ve read the draft draft-dunbar-nvo3-nva-mapping-distribution-01.

In the draft, the NVE seems only passively accept the mapping information 
from NVA (push, pull or hybrid), and the NVA gets some mapping information 
from VM manager (sec. 7.2). 
That means NAMD works depending on some other protocol say NVA-VM manager 
protocol?

Generally speaking, this same mapping information also exists in NVE 
(either configured or automatic created, or obtained via Hypervisor-NVE 
protocol). 
So NVE can distribute this mapping information to NVA directly by NVE-NVA 
protocol, than depending on the VM Manager-NVA interface, and the NVA then 
further distributes this mapping information to all other related NVEs in 
VN.

And this is the main idea of the draft draft-gu-nvo3-vntp-00. (sorry for 
it was not properly prepared, it’ll be revised soon. )

Hope didn’t misunderstand. 

Best regards

Zhongyu