Subject: [nvo3] NVO3 Data-Plane Adoptions

From: Benson Schliesser <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 14:31:30 -0400

Dear NVO3 Contributors -

Matthew and I have discussed adoption of Data Plane encapsulations for 
NVO3. We have concluded that the WG may adopt multiple encapsulation 
drafts, and possibly publish those drafts as RFCs with Experimental 
status. At a future date we may consider whether any of these make sense 
for Proposed Standard status, e.g. based on documented implementations 
and market acceptance.

Therefore, I will shortly be sending messages to the NVO3 mailing list 
for each Data Plane encap draft that has been discussed recently. These 
will include:
- draft-gross-geneve-02
- draft-quinn-vxlan-gpe-04
- draft-herbert-gue-03

Please reply to each thread independently so that Matthew and I can keep 
track of feedback.

Keep in mind that this is a discussion of WG adoption, not a last-call, 
and therefore we are only looking for feedback on whether the draft 
provides a good starting-point for further development within the WG. We 
would encourage contributors to be familiar with 
draft-ietf-nvo3-dataplane-requirements and draft-rtg-dt-encap, and to 
frame any specific comments in the context of that material.

Thanks,
-Benson & Matthew