Subject: [nvo3] UDP usage guidelines - please review

From: "Black, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 05:58:07 +0000

Gentle NVO3-ers,

Following up on what I said at the microphone in Yokohama.

The UDP usage guidelines draft in the TSVWG working group is nearing
completion, and will likely be sent to the IESG by the end of 2015:

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rfc5405bis/

This draft is intended to cover all uses of UDP, including use of
UDP in encapsulations, e.g., those under development in NVO3.

Please take a look at the draft and let us (TSVWG, [email-masked])
know what's missing or might be improved.

Any material that is specific to IP-in-IP tunnels (i.e., when the
directly encapsulated protocol is IP) should go into the intarea
WG's tunnels draft:

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-intarea-tunnels/

Please send email about that draft to [email-masked] .

Thanks,
--David
----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Distinguished Engineer
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------