Subject: [nvo3] Last Call: <draft-ietf-nvo3-arch-06.txt> (An Architecture for Data Center Network Virtualization Overlays (NVO3)) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 16:06:12 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Network Virtualization Overlays
WG (nvo3) to consider the following document:
- 'An Architecture for Data Center Network Virtualization Overlays
(NVO3)'
  <draft-ietf-nvo3-arch-06.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-08-12. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document presents a high-level overview architecture for
   building data center network virtualization overlay (NVO3) networks.
   The architecture is given at a high-level, showing the major
   components of an overall system.  An important goal is to divide the
   space into individual smaller components that can be implemented
   independently and with clear interfaces and interactions with other
   components.  It should be possible to build and implement individual
   components in isolation and have them work with other components with
   no changes to other components.  That way implementers have
   flexibility in implementing individual components and can optimize
   and innovate within their respective components without requiring
   changes to other components.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nvo3-arch/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nvo3-arch/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2320/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2538/