Subject: [nvo3] A data model for data center topology

From: "Zhuangyan (Yan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2016 09:44:33 +0000

Hi NVo3 folks,

We have a data model draft for DC fabric topology in I2RS WG. It described the fabric-based data center topology which contain both the overlay and underlay network topology information.

Given different topologies as well as technologies at overlay and underlay in DC networks, heterogeneous networks make the management and provisioning more complex. This draft is to define a fabric-based topology for DC networks with common configurations and features provided by vendors. By using this model, the management system can operate and configure the dc network by managing a collection of fabrics, each of which contains overlay topology information and its corresponding underlay network/topology.

NVo3 WG is working on DC overlay technologies, we appreciate experts here to review and comment on this work. Any interest to participate is also welcome.
Thank you very much!

The draft can be found as below:

Name:               draft-zhuang-i2rs-yang-dc-fabric-network-topology

Revision:           00

Title:                  A YANG Data Model for Fabric Topology in Data Center Network

Document date:       2016-06-01

Group:               Individual Submission

Pages:               19

URL:        https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhuang-i2rs-yang-dc-fabric-network-topology-00.txt

Status:      https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhuang-i2rs-yang-dc-fabric-network-topology/

Htmlized:    https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhuang-i2rs-yang-dc-fabric-network-topology-00

Best Regards,

Yan