Subject: [nvo3] RFC 8293 on A Framework for Multicast in Network Virtualization over Layer 3

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2018 15:58:26 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8293

        Title:      A Framework for Multicast in 
                    Network Virtualization over Layer 3 
        Author:     A. Ghanwani, L. Dunbar,
                    M. McBride, V. Bannai,
                    R. Krishnan
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 37578
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-nvo3-mcast-framework-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8293

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8293

This document provides a framework for supporting multicast traffic
in a network that uses Network Virtualization over Layer 3 (NVO3).
Both infrastructure multicast and application-specific multicast are
discussed.  It describes the various mechanisms that can be used for
delivering such traffic as well as the data plane and control plane
considerations for each of the mechanisms.

This document is a product of the Network Virtualization Overlays Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC