Subject: [nvo3] 5G-Datacenter Interconnection Use Case

From: Xavier de Foy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 15:48:22 -0500

Hi all,

  We have posted a first draft for a "5G-Datacenter Interconnection Use
Case". It aims to describe a new use case for NVO3, where 5G end devices
are used to extend existing cloud or edge datacenters, for example for Fog
RAN or application offloading. Connectivity between 5G end devices and the
NVO3 network edges can be provided using the 5GLAN feature currently under
development in 3GPP. Ultimately, this work can facilitate an alignment
between 5G and NVO3 protocols. This version of the draft provides an
initial view of the applicability of NVO3 features and the interconnection
point with the 5G network. We hope this can be of interest to the working
group, and welcome your feedback.

---

Name:        draft-defoy-nvo3-5g-datacenter-interconnection
Revision:    00
Title:        5G-Datacenter Interconnection Use Case
Document date:    2019-01-24
Group:        Individual Submission
Pages:        11
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-defoy-nvo3-5g-datacenter-interconnection-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-defoy-nvo3-5g-datacenter-interconnection/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-defoy-nvo3-5g-datacenter-interconnection-00
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-defoy-nvo3-5g-datacenter-interconnection

Abstract:
   Interconnection between 5G networks and datacenter networks provide a
   new use case for NVO3 and for the 3rd Generation Partnership Project
   (3GPP) "5GLAN" feature.  This document describes how layer-2 and
   layer-3 datacenter VPN technology can interoperate with anchor User
   Plane Functions (UPF) to interconnect 5G devices and datacenter
   servers over a virtual LAN.

---

  Best Regards,
Xavier