Subject: [nvo3] I-D Action: draft-ietf-nvo3-vmm-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 20:54:58 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Virtualization Overlays WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Virtual Machine Mobility Solutions for L2 and L3 Overlay Networks
        Authors         : Linda Dunbar
                          Behcet Sarikaya
                          Bhumip Khasnabish
                          Tom Herbert
                          Saumya Dikshit
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nvo3-vmm-06.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2019-11-18

Abstract:
   This document discusses Virtual Machine (VM) mobility solutions that
   are commonly used in overlay-based Data Center (DC) networks. The
   objective is to describe the solutions and their impact on moving
   VMs (and applications) from one rack to another connected by the
   Overlay networks.

   For layer 2 networks, it is based on using an NVA (Network
   Virtualization Authority) - NVE (Network Virtualization Edge)
   protocol to update the ARP (Address Resolution Protocol) table or
   neighbor cache entries after a VM (virtual machine) moves from an
   Old NVE to a New NVE.  For Layer 3, it is based on migration of
   address and connection  after the move.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nvo3-vmm/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nvo3-vmm-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-nvo3-vmm-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-nvo3-vmm-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/