Subject: [nvo3] Active OAM encapsulation for Geneve

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2019 14:49:28 -0500

Dear All,
though there was no formal discussion of draft-mmbb-nvo3-geneve-oam
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mmbb-nvo3-geneve-oam-00> in Singapore,
I've captured one comment that is, in my view, is very much relevant to
resolving the question posted in the draft:

Not all stacks support MPLS encapsulation.

Consequently, the proposed in the third paragraph of Section 2.1
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mmbb-nvo3-geneve-oam-00#section-2.1> use
of MPLS GAL is not a viable solution. Could people familiar with the
deployments share their expertise and experiences?

Regards,
Greg

---

From: "Bocci, Matthew (Nokia - GB)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2019 13:26:02 +0000

Folks

It is important that we get consensus on this topic in order to move the OAM work forward.

Please read the draft and comment on the issues raised below.

Best regards,

Matthew

From: Dacheng Zhang <[email-masked]> on behalf of Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Monday, 2 December 2019 at 19:49
To: NVO3 <[email-masked]>
Subject: [nvo3] Active OAM encapsulation for Geneve

Dear All,
though there was no formal discussion of draft-mmbb-nvo3-geneve-oam<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mmbb-nvo3-geneve-oam-00> in Singapore, I've captured one comment that is, in my view, is very much relevant to resolving the question posted in the draft:
Not all stacks support MPLS encapsulation.
Consequently, the proposed in the third paragraph of Section 2.1<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mmbb-nvo3-geneve-oam-00#section-2.1> use of MPLS GAL is not a viable solution. Could people familiar with the deployments share their expertise and experiences?

Regards,
Greg