Subject: [nvo3] RFC 8926 on Geneve: Generic Network Virtualization Encapsulation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2020 15:31:04 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8926

        Title:      Geneve: Generic Network Virtualization Encapsulation 
        Author:     J. Gross, Ed.,
                    I. Ganga, Ed.,
                    T. Sridhar, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      34
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-nvo3-geneve-16.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8926

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8926

Network virtualization involves the cooperation of devices with a
wide variety of capabilities such as software and hardware tunnel
endpoints, transit fabrics, and centralized control clusters.  As a
result of their role in tying together different elements of the
system, the requirements on tunnels are influenced by all of these
components.  Therefore, flexibility is the most important aspect of a
tunneling protocol if it is to keep pace with the evolution of
technology. This document describes Geneve, an encapsulation protocol
designed to recognize and accommodate these changing capabilities and
needs.

This document is a product of the Network Virtualization Overlays Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC