Subject: [nvo3] I-D Action: draft-ietf-nvo3-encap-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 09:23:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Virtualization Overlays WG of the IETF.

        Title           : NVO3 Encapsulation Considerations
        Authors         : Sami Boutros
                          Donald E. Eastlake
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nvo3-encap-07.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2021-07-29

Abstract:
   As communicated by the WG Chairs, the IETF NVO3 chairs and Routing
   Area director have chartered a design team to take forward the
   encapsulation discussion and see if there is potential to design a
   common encapsulation that addresses the various technical concerns.

   There are implications of different encapsulations in real
   environments consisting of both software and hardware implementations
   and spanning multiple data centers.  For example, OAM functions such
   as path MTU discovery become challenging with multiple encapsulations
   along the data path.

   The design team recommends Geneve with a few modifications as the
   common encapsulation. This document provides more details,
   particularly in Section 7.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nvo3-encap/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-nvo3-encap-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-nvo3-encap-07

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 12:34:14 -0400

Hi,

This version incorporates resolutions to WG LC comments so far.

Thanks,
Donald
===============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 2386 Panoramic Circle, Apopka, FL 32703 USA
 [email-masked]

On Thu, Jul 29, 2021 at 12:25 PM <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> nvo3 mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nvo3
>