Subject: [nwcrg] Taxonomy draft update

From: Victor Firoiu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 00:36:51 +0000

Dear Netcoders,

I've uploaded the Taxonomy draft version 0
(draft-firoiu-nwcrg-network-coding-taxonomy-00.txt, that I've sent on
this mail list on February 10) in the IETF datatracker for your
reference. You can find it at
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-firoiu-nwcrg-network-coding-taxonomy/

Tomorrow I'll upload version 1 that includes most of your recent
inputs. Then we can discuss some of the terminology and concepts that
are somewhat debatable by looking at the diff between the two
versions.

All the best,

Victor

---

From: Victor Firoiu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 15:05:42 +0000

I've uploaded version 1 of the Taxonomy document with most of the
recent inputs incorporated.
You can find it at
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-firoiu-nwcrg-network-coding-taxonomy/

There are some definitions that need to be further discussed and
clarified, look for the keyword COMMENT.

To see all the edits, do a diff between versions 0 and 1.

Please continue to review and comment on this list and at the meetings
later today and tomorrow.

Thanks,
Victor

---

From: Riccardo Bernardini <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 18:18:07 +0100

> later today and tomorrow.

Well,  I guess I am going to be uber-picky here, but...

    Section 4, page 3, "Coding field" entry in the description list
       It says

         "Coding fields have the desired property of having all
elements invertible for + and *"

       Actually, the zero of the field (neutral element of "+") has no
multiplicative inverse, whatever the (non trivial) field.  (If I
remember correctly, one can prove that if the zero has a
multiplicative inverse, then the field has only one element)

Yes, I said it, I am picky... :-)

Riccardo
> _______________________________________________
> nwcrg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/nwcrg
>