Subject: [nwcrg] NWCRG meeting scheduled and draft agenda

From: Victor Firoiu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 12:00:47 -0400

Dear NetCoders,

Our meeting was scheduled for Friday 9-11:30, so we got 2.5 hours. (you can
see the whole IETF agenda at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/91/agenda.html). It's great we have
plenty of time to start discussion Network Coding Architecture, besides
several research talks.

Here is a draft agenda for our NWCRG meeting based on all the requests and
expressed interests. Note that I put a bit of time for Taxonomy update and
possibly Tutorial to leave the last hour for Architecture discussion. I
feel that if we flip the order, we'll likely not get to them at all.

Please let us know if you have suggestions.

Thanks,
Victor and Brian

== Agenda for NWCRG Meeting, Hawaii, Friday, 14 November 2014 ==

Time: 9-11:30 HST. Room: Lehua Suite
Duration: 2.5hr

5min 0. Introduction

1. Research talks

15m 1.1 "Tetrys, an On-The-Fly Network Coding protocol", Jonathan Dechart,
INRIA

15m 1.2 "Fulcrum Network Codes", Morten Pedersen, Aalborg Univ.

15m 1.3 "Update on Impact of Virtualization and SDN on NextGen Network
Coding", Bhumip Khasnabish, ZTE USA, Cedric Adjih, INRIA, Senthil
Sivakumar, CISCO, Evangelos

10m 2. Update on Taxonomy doc

10m? 3. Discussion on Tutorial doc

60m 4. Discussions on Network Coding Architecture.
Presentation(s) by Victor Firoiu, Vincent Roca, Brian Adamson, Marie-Jose
Monpetit and possibly others.

===

Talk Abstracts

1.1 Tetrys, an On-The-Fly Network Coding protocol

Abstract : This talk describes Tetrys, an on-the-fly approach for reliable
unicast or multicast communications, providing some insights on its
internal architecture and dependancies on elementary building blocks.

1.2 Fulcrum Network Codes

Abstract: This talk introduces Fulcrum network codes, a network coding
framework that achieves three seemingly conflicting objectives: a) to
reduce the overhead per coded packet to almost 1 bit per original packet;
b) to operate the network using only GF(2) operations at intermediate nodes
if necessary, reducing complexity in the network; c) to deliver an
end-to-end performance that is close to that of a large field size network
coding system for high-end receivers while simultaneously catering to
low-end ones that can only decode in GF(2). As a consequence of (b) and
(c), Fulcrum codes have a number of interesting traits making them
interesting for practical implementations using network coding.

1.3 "Impact of Virtualization and SDN on Emerging Network Coding",
Draft URL (
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-khasnabish-nwcrg-impact-of-vir-and-sdn/
)

Abstract: Discuss the updates and refine the scope of the draft.

---

From: Marie-Jose Montpetit <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 18:54:03 +0000

VIctor: I will try to log remotely but I did not get funding to attend the IETF this time :-( I will make sure Vincent has my inputs.

/mjm
Marie-Jose Montpetit, Ph.D.
[email-masked]
@SocialTVMIT

On Oct 15, 2014, at 12:00 PM, Victor Firoiu <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Dear NetCoders,
> 
> Our meeting was scheduled for Friday 9-11:30, so we got 2.5 hours. (you can see the whole IETF agenda at https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/91/agenda.html). It's great we have plenty of time to start discussion Network Coding Architecture, besides several research talks.
> 
> Here is a draft agenda for our NWCRG meeting based on all the requests and expressed interests. Note that I put a bit of time for Taxonomy update and possibly Tutorial to leave the last hour for Architecture discussion. I feel that if we flip the order, we'll likely not get to them at all.
> 
> 15m 1.1 "Tetrys, an On-The-Fly Network Coding protocol", Jonathan Dechart, INRIA
> 
> 15m 1.3 "Update on Impact of Virtualization and SDN on NextGen Network Coding", Bhumip Khasnabish, ZTE USA, Cedric Adjih, INRIA, Senthil Sivakumar, CISCO, Evangelos
>  
> Presentation(s) by Victor Firoiu, Vincent Roca, Brian Adamson, Marie-Jose Monpetit and possibly others.
>  
> ===
> 
> Talk Abstracts
> 
> Abstract : This talk describes Tetrys, an on-the-fly approach for reliable unicast or multicast communications, providing some insights on its internal architecture and dependancies on elementary building blocks.
> 
> 
> Abstract: This talk introduces Fulcrum network codes, a network coding framework that achieves three seemingly conflicting objectives: a) to reduce the overhead per coded packet to almost 1 bit per original packet; b) to operate the network using only GF(2) operations at intermediate nodes if necessary, reducing complexity in the network; c) to deliver an end-to-end performance that is close to that of a large field size network coding system for high-end receivers while simultaneously catering to low-end ones that can only decode in GF(2). As a consequence of (b) and (c), Fulcrum codes have a number of interesting traits making them interesting for practical implementations using network coding.
> 
> 
> Draft URL (http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-khasnabish-nwcrg-impact-of-vir-and-sdn/)
> 
> _______________________________________________
> nwcrg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/nwcrg