Subject: [nwcrg] Meeting agenda

From: Victor Firoiu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 22:13:51 -0400

Dear Netcoders,

I've uploaded our meeting agenda, based on your inputs. I'm still waiting
for Morten's title and abstract.

Victor

== Agenda V4 for NWCRG Meeting, Prague, Tuesday, 21 July 2015 ==

Time: 15:20-17:20am. Room: Karlin III

25min "System and layer independent network coding architecture design",
Ángeles Vazquez-Castro, Universitat Autónoma de Barcelona
- Proposed architecture design methodology.
- Preliminary validation over DVB-S2/X/RCS2 and LTE-A.

15min draft-roca-nwcrg-fecframev2-problem-position, Vincent Roca, INRIA

15min draft-detchart-nwcrg-tetrys-02, Jonathan Detchart, ISAE

15min Morten's presentation?

20min Tutorial discussion.

20min Architecture discussion.

---

Abstracts

"System and layer independent network coding architecture design"

Abstract. Even if powerful, the broad applicability of network coding poses
a challenge to a unified design approach over different communication
networks and systems. We propose a (non-reductionist) design architectural
framework where instead of layer/system/network-specific design, underlying
systems are abstracted towards service-oriented design. The framework seems
compatible with (more general) design frameworks such as software-defined
networking, cognitive networking or network virtualization. We illustrate
preliminary validations over DVB-S2/X/RCS2 and LTE-A.

---

From: Victor Firoiu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 11:52:02 +0200

I've updated our Agenda adding Morten's presentation.

Angeles, Morten, Jonathan and Vincent, please send me your slides so I
upload them on the IETF meeting materials.

Morten, Jonathan and Vincent, please send your short abstracts as well.

Thanks,
Victor

== Agenda V5 for NWCRG Meeting, Prague, Tuesday, 21 July 2015 ==

15min Survey of sliding window coding schemes and the resulting functional
building blocks, Morten Pederesen, Aalborg University

---

Abstracts

---

From: Victor Firoiu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 13:41:34 +0200

In fact Morten has postponed his talk. We can still have a few minutes of
group feedback on his paper list and maybe other inputs for the sliding
window survey.

Victor
On Jul 20, 2015 11:52 AM, "Victor Firoiu" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Abstract. Even if powerful, the broad applicability of network coding
> poses a challenge to a unified design approach over different communication